Going to MySql for sync'd database question about export
I've recently rebuilt my xbmc's and cleaned up my library so that every movie/tv show is properly scraping. It's amazing how many different variations of names I was using. I'm now very diligent about looking in imdb to get my file names just right.

Anyway. I'm going to implement a MySQL database so I can synch the watched flag as well as pause/resume across my xbmc's. I know that one of the steps was to do an export before putting the advancedsettings.xml file in place. My question is this:

When doing an export do I need to take those options to export the thumbs and other stuff or can I skip those? I have been in the habit of exporting everything and as you probably know it puts lots of files in addition to the .nfo file. Lots of gif's, a .actors directory, banner files etc. In order for the sql piece to work can I just generate the .nfo files? Sure would keep things a bit cleaner.

Thanks,

Roveer
You can do just the .nfo files if you want to. The big reason for doing images as well is incase you have an older library and the image URLs change changed, but that probably won't be an issue if you're just rebuilt your library.
Surely if you wanted you could do away with any extraneous .nfo files etc?

Depends I guess on how you like your set up?

All I have in my Film or TV folders is that Film or TV prog. Usually as an .mp4

Personally that works for me, don't like all the extra files clogging that folder.

Info is held on the central mysql db as are central folders for artwork etc.

Doesn't mean I got it right but it works for me and how I like stuff!

Admittedly I probably didn't understand something.

cheers
Yeah, one could just scan in all the files like a fresh library once MySQL is setup, as noted in the MySQL (wiki) wiki pages. NFO files are only used when one wants to take an existing library over to MySQL.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Going to MySql for sync'd database question about export0