Video hangs
Hello,
I'm having this problem since I have migrated my tv server from windows to linux. I'm suffering from small video freezes from time to time. I've tried many buffer and cache settings in advancedsettings.xml but none solved the problem.

My advancedsettings.xml:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
   <loglevel hide="true">1</loglevel>
   <videolibrary>
      <hideemptyseries>true</hideemptyseries>
      <importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
      <importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
      <updateonstartup>true</updateonstartup>
   </videolibrary>
   <videodatabase>
      <type>mysql</type>
      <host>192.168.2.2</host>
      <port>3306</port>
      <user>xxxx</user>
      <pass>xxxx</pass>
   </videodatabase>
   <musicdatabase>
      <type>mysql</type>
      <host>192.168.2.2</host>
      <port>3306</port>
      <user>xxxx</user>
      <pass>xxxx</pass>
   </musicdatabase>
   <network>
      <disableipv6>true</disableipv6>
      <cachemembuffersize>268435456</cachemembuffersize>
   </network>  
   <pvr>
      <minaudiocachelevel>30</minaudiocachelevel>
    </pvr>    
</advancedsettings>

Increasing cachemembuffersize and minaudiocachelevel minimized the problem but didn't solved it.

The freezes seems to be related to de follow log message:
Code:
WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(audio)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available

My TV server is running vdr 2.1.6 + vnsi-server 1.1.0 on OE 4.2.1 and my clients are also running OE 4.2.1. The same problem also occurs on windows clients.

Here is my debug log: http://sprunge.us/TDWM

Any guidance would be welcome.

Thanks
please try to get rid of this cec log spam first. those cec messaged make it almost impossible to read the log. if this can't be disabled in verbose logging, please make further tests without this device.
please describe the video freezes precisely. how long do they last? buffering? why did you try to increase cache?
(2014-10-21, 07:35)FernetMenta Wrote: please try to get rid of this cec log spam first. those cec messaged make it almost impossible to read the log. if this can't be disabled in verbose logging, please make further tests without this device.
please describe the video freezes precisely. how long do they last? buffering? why did you try to increase cache?

Its hard to explain the freezes but I'll try.

The audio/video playback stops for some seconds and then it comes back to normal, it only happens on live tv, streaming video from my library doesn't suffers from the same problem.

Before I have changed the cache settings the freezes has been occurring for just a fraction of a second in each 3 ~ 5 minutes, very annoying.

Increasing the cache seem to minimize it, now the freezes occurs at each 30 minutes or so but when happens it last a little long (about 3 ~ 5 seconds) and its buffering.

Here it is the debug log without cec messages: http://sprunge.us/jWfh

Thank you!
do you use a dual tuner card? you could try vndiserver 1.2 with new parameter to avoid epg scanning while streaming.
another problem is your refresh rate of 60.02 and fps of 29.97
if refresh rate does not match fps exactly, you should not sync to video for live tv. your display clock runs faster than live stream and sooner of later the queues run dry and player starts buffering.
(2014-10-21, 16:06)FernetMenta Wrote: do you use a dual tuner card? you could try vndiserver 1.2 with new parameter to avoid epg scanning while streaming.

(2014-10-21, 16:10)FernetMenta Wrote: another problem is your refresh rate of 60.02 and fps of 29.97
if refresh rate does not match fps exactly, you should not sync to video for live tv. your display clock runs faster than live stream and sooner of later the queues run dry and player starts buffering.

Yes, it's a quad tuner, TBS 6285.

I could try the vnsiserver 1.2 just don't know how to update it in OpenElec, I'm using an special OE build with TBS DVBC drivers (http://goo.gl/p2EyXN) as TV Server.

About the refresh rate, I've already defined in video/system settings the follow:

System->Settings->System->Video Settings:
Vertical Sync: Let Driver decide

System -> Video -> Playback
Sync Playback to Display: On
Sync Method: Video Clock (Drop/Dupe)
Adjust display refresh rate to match video: On Start / Stop

Could you advise what are the right settings for sync refresh rate with live tv video?
for your case set sync method to audio
(2014-10-21, 16:45)FernetMenta Wrote: for your case set sync method to audio

Ok, I'll try that.

About vnsiserver 1.2 in OE do you know any method to update it? What is the new parameter to avoid epg scanning while streaming?

Thank you!
I would just try a Helix version of OE. The easiest way to set the new parameter is via the vdr ui in vnsi.
(2014-10-21, 18:22)FernetMenta Wrote: I would just try a Helix version of OE. The easiest way to set the new parameter is via the vdr ui in vnsi.

Thank you so much for the help FernetMenta, I'll try a Helix version.
FernetMenta,

I've built a custom openelec using the last master changes from openelec git and the vnsiserver stills 1.1.0 version.

Looking at at vdr-plugin-vnsiserver/package.mk it points to http://sources.openelec.tv/devel/vdr-plu...a81.tar.xz wich seems like a version from May-2014.

Is there any way to update the vnsiserver to the last version in the openelec?
I have no knowledge about how to build OE but I have pinged the OE guys. They will update vnsiserver to 1.2 and it will be available in 1-2 days.
(2014-10-22, 13:31)FernetMenta Wrote: I have no knowledge about how to build OE but I have pinged the OE guys. They will update vnsiserver to 1.2 and it will be available in 1-2 days.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video hangs0