Kodi stops Windows screen saver from working when minimized
semi related i guess
http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/15575
"Monitor will not power down (Power saving) if any Screen Saver is active"
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Just confirmed it's definitely not a regression from Gotham, tested with both 13.0 & 13.2 and same thing happens as with Helix that the screensaver doesn't kick in. Since there no change in behaviour from Gotham then this will likely be a low priority item to fix, however I'd still urge you create a Trac ticket on the bugtracker to ensure it does get fixed at some point though.
(2014-12-07, 11:44)Martijn Wrote: semi related i guess
http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/15575
"Monitor will not power down (Power saving) if any Screen Saver is active"
Ya, sounds similar. Something is causing Windows power functions to not work properly.
I tested that as well, setting Screensaver to none within Kodi makes no difference here.

Both issues are subtly different, yours is that Kodi is preventing the Windows Screensaver from kicking in, while the other issue is the intenal Kodi Display Off feature is not kicking in when the Kodi screensaver is in use.

They could be related and have the same root cause, but they could also have completely different causes, so a Trac ticket should also be raised for your issue, then they can be looked to together but treated separately if required.
(2014-12-07, 15:38)jjd-uk Wrote: I tested that as well, setting Screensaver to none within Kodi makes no difference here.
You're right, just tried it and no difference.
Just noticed something that makes this very strange, if Kodi is in either Windowed mode or True Fullscreen then Windows screensaver does kick in, so it's only with Kodi minimised it doesn't, so I wonder if there is some intentional behaviour going on here.
(2014-12-07, 17:20)jjd-uk Wrote: Just noticed something that makes this very strange, if Kodi is in either Windowed mode or True Fullscreen then Windows screensaver does kick in, so it's only with Kodi minimised it doesn't, so I wonder if there is some intentional behaviour going on here.
unlikely intentional.

when minimised we bypass rendering and so on. perhaps it also bypassed some stuff it shouldn't
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
It seems to disable system standby altogether even when not minimized, not sure if that helps. Here was my test settings.

Windows - screensaver = 1 minute, display off = 2 minutes, standby = 3 minutes

Gotham - minimize = 5 minutes

Screensaver works and display turns off, but wouldn't go into standby. And after minimize neither would work, even clicking on desktop to ensure focus. Setting Gotham to standby instead of minimize does work if memory serves.
Issue still persists in V17.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi stops Windows screen saver from working when minimized1