Where should I start?
I built an openelec server this weekend and fell in love with XBMC that now seems to be called Kodi. Many things I tried to configure on my OpenElec didn't work with the tutorials I found on Youtube and other places. I think they were too old. So I searched by date, got new tutorials and noticed many of the people were using Windows with XBMC on top.

What is the best way to get started with XBMC/Kodi? Should I start with Kodi or is it too new to have many tutorials and info on? What platform should I use? I am comfortable with Windows and Linux but if you tell me that Mac or Android is better I have experience with that too. I just don't want to waste my time or money and want to get the perfect setup as quickly as possible.

Thanks for your help and this great product that I wish I would have found years ago!
The wiki probably has the most up to date info. The link is at the top of your browser window. I think as far as OS goes, it really just boils down to personal preference. Kodi runs well on Linux, Windows and Mac although each system has some limitations. I know on a Mac there is no HD audio support (not a Kodi problem). If you want to watch full resolution mvc (frame packed) 3D I believe this has only been accomplished on Windows systems. I'm sure there are other issues as well. If you're not trying to be on the bleeding edge then probably all OSes will work equally well.

Note: Also a good idea to read the forum rules and restrictions sticky. There are many xbmc builds and Addons that are not supported in this forum.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Thanks wgstarks.. sounds like I still have a lot of research to complete.
Most of the wiki is fairly current, but Kodi is constantly changing so you're bound to find inconsistencies. If you run into problems you can search forums/threads and many times find the answers. If not, feel free to start a new thread.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Where should I start?0