Mediaplayer/HTPC with Hi10p support (100-200$)?
Hey.

Since I want to buy a small mediacenter for my TV, I was wondering if there are any for about 100-200$/€ that support 1080p Hi10p encoded files (seems only anime encodes use this).
So I was wondering what small device could play these? I was seeing the Intel NUC, but are there some others that are better used for such files?

Thanks
I played a few Hi10p test files on my i3 nuc and they play fine. The only caveat is that I had to use an external player like media player classic as there was some studder playing them in xbmc. I should note the last time I tried this was on an eden release. I haven't tried it again since I've upraded to gotham so they may work fine now. Point being, a haswell i3 or i5 should play it fine.
Hi10 stuff isn't hardware decoded, so as long as the CPU is up to the task you'll be fine. All the Hi10 files I've tested on my celeron ChromeBox under OpenELEC play back without issue
Is it the starting one for about 150$?
Are there any other players/HTPCs in that price range that would play those files in XBMC?

Thanks Smile
MX Player can now hardware+ decode hi10p files. At least I had no issues with a few dvdrips encoded with hi10p on my Kindle Fire HDX
Any other ideas? I just checked and seems you cant buy the ChromeBox in Germany yet Sad
Sorry for the bump.

But if I decide to build a HTPC with a mini-itx case. What are the best and cheapest parts I could use but still get no stutters with 1080p 10bit encoded files?
Which i3 would be sufficient? What fan would be good for it?

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mediaplayer/HTPC with Hi10p support (100-200$)?0