Linux Short guide to intall XBMCbuntu
The current XBMCbuntu requires a manual upgrade and does not have pvr clients preloaded. Here is a short guide on how to get Gotham 13.2 running with cmyth loaded. I'm running an Acer Aspire REVO R1600 with Mythbuntu running on a separate backend computer. Some of the steps are basic but I'm including them.

You should use the program addon "XBMC Backup" to backup your current settings BEFORE going further. MAKE SURE everything is selected in the configuration of "XBMC Backup". some are not by default. I save to a NAS.

1. Burn an iso copy on to a DVD
2. Insert in dvd drive
3. Boot computer, pressing F12 to get boot menu
4. Select to boot from the dvd drive
5. Install XBMCbuntu using the FIXED DPI selection. This will solve over scanning problems with TVs during installation.
6. DON’T select “download updates” or “3rd party software. (It slows down installation)
7. SELECT erase current version and install. DON’T “encrypt” or “LVN” (assuming you are doing a fresh install. This will ERASE everything on the disk.
8. Type in the "who you are" info and SELECT “log in automatically” (You won't have to log in each time you turn the computer on)
9. Installation will start and took 1hr on my REVO. Sometimes the screen will go blank and sometimes the TV will turn off (Power saving feature). You should first verify that the TV is still on (or turn off power saving through the TV menu) then wiggle the mouse.
10. After installation is complete, reboot the computer. You should see a splash screen that says "Gotham 13.0".
11. When XBMC is fully running (wait until some addon updates complete), Press CTRL+ALT+F2 to get the terminal window.

Update 13.0 to 13.2 using the following terminal commands:
a. sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
b. sudo apt-get update
c. sudo apt-get install xbmc

IF you are running this computer as a front-end to mythTV, you should using the following terminal commands:

a. Sudo apt-get install xbmc-pvr-mythtv-cmyth

12. Return to XBMC by pressing CTRL+ALT+F7
13. Power off the computer.
14. Power on the computer. The splash screen should say Gothem 13.2 and cmyth should be under pvr clients in add-ons.
15. Get the following addons: XBMC Backup and XBMC Library Auto Update.
16. Restore your XBMC setting using XBMC Backup add-on.
17. The restore should also properly configure cmyth.
18. Sound may have to be changed if you are using hdmi sound; get to it by going to System->Settings->System->Audio Output.

I have done all these steps and they work. It took me 4 days to figure this out because various pieces were spread out among many posts and websites. I hope this will save others time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Short guide to intall XBMCbuntu0