[SOLVED] Multi Disk Albums and Different Windows Versions
XBMC Version: 13.2 GIT:20140817-0F3DB05
Windows Version: Win 7 64 Bit Home Premium
Patch Info: SP1 + All Windows Updates + All programs patched (Secunia PSI inspected)
CPU: Intel i7
RAM: 6GB

Hi All

First of all I realise that there have been multiple questions asked in relation to this topic but I have found no answer specific to my problem.

I have recently ripped all my girlfriends music of which in several instances happen to be double and triple disk album sets.

Unfortunately, I feel like the mechanic who's car never runs properly because after running everything through Musicbrainz and/ or Mp3Tag to ensure disk numbers and correct information in general I have everything working on her machine but not mine.

By "working" I mean that the multi disk sets dispaly in the fashion of:

eg: Tracks 01 - 15 of disk 1 and then 01 - 15 of disk 2 in the same list after going to:

Music -> Library -> Artists -> Select Artist -> Select multi disk album

I made exact duplicates of the folders I wanted for my own system expecting that after having setup XBMC exactly (and I mean exactly because I took notes on all settings) as I did with hers that I would achieve the same display but this is not the case.

Instead I have the dreaded Track 01 disk 1, Track 02 disk 2 etc etc and I am at a loss as to why.

Yes - the disks are tagged and numbered correctly
Yes - the disks have been tagged according to the specific release
Yes - all settings are the same in XBMC on both systems
Yes - I have uninstalled WMP and WMC to stop the virus like auto updating of info in tags

Both of the machines are fully patched and the only differences I can explain are that with her machine I have installed Windows 7 Pro 32 bit (self install) and my machine has Win Home Premium 64 bit (factory).

I have tried other folder structures for testing and trying to alleviate the problem but with no remedy.

Anyone have any ideas why the exact same folder/s would display irregularly between these two alternate systems when running same version of XBMC as well as same settings? Anyone else experienced a similar problem between differing systems?

Can supply logs for both machines if required (may take a while though cause I'm away at the moment and will have to wait for her to finish work then remote in with Teamviewer for her log file).

Going BONKAS with this and help would be truly appreciated - cheers.
Sorry all - I've done it again and found an answer after posting a mega thread - apologies.

Found this thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=62960

Post #8 by @ronie solved the issue

ie:

View options menu -> Sort By: Track

Solved!

I guess not EVERY setting WAS exactly the same.

Mods - please feel free to send this thread to the Garbage Bin or more appropriately the idiot pile Smile

Apologies again for anyone who spent time on this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] Multi Disk Albums and Different Windows Versions0