Hide Empty Folders in Files View (Not Library)
I've recently started using SickRage and Synology's Download Station to download TV Shows and video podcasts. They both, however, require that the destination folders always be present even though they may be empty (if a folder is deleted, SickRage won't download new shows and Download Station won't download new video podcasts. With TV Shows, this isn't a problem because I never delete a TV Show once it's downloaded (so the folder always has something in it and I use XBMC's library and "hide watched" is always selected so I don't see those folders with unwatched TV Shows.

The problem I'm having is with the video podcasts. Since these can't be indexed in a library (and I don't want to archive them like I do TV Shows), I watch these via the Videos/Files source section of XBMC. After I've watched them I'd like to delete the particular podcasts folder once I've watched all the videos for that particular podcast. Currently I have to leave all the folders present even if the podcasts folder is empty so Download Station will download new podcasts (currently have ~15 different podcasts that each download to a different folder so I have to peak inside each one to see if a new episode has been released and downloaded which gets old very quickly Tongue).

So my question is, since I can't delete these folders, is there a way to hide those empty folders from the Video/Files page? This seems like it would solve all of my problems. I could delete all the downloaded podcast episodes in it's parent folder and have the parent folder automatically hide until the next episode is downloaded.

I've tried adding the "<hideemptyseries>true</hideemptyseries>" option in my advancedsettings.xml folder but this doesn't seem to work on the Video/Files page. Given it's description on the Kodi wiki page for advancedsettings.xml, it seems like this only applies to the Video Library anyway.

I've searched everywhere online and can't seem to find anyone else having the same issue. I can't be the only one doing this! lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Currently using XBMC 13.1 on Win 7 Pro SP1, RaspBi with latest stable OpenElec, AppleTV with latest stable OpenElec.
Nope, sorry. XBMC/Kodi can only hide a show that has been scanned into the library. Folders when views from the Files view will always be visible regardless of their content.
As Ned said.

Work-around would be to have the download folders outside the Kodi listed sources e.g. root of c: or some such. Some skins allow for a direct path file listing outside the source (not in the library so no met-data), but is watchable/deleted-able then later manually moved/renamed to appropriate folders within Kodi source.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hide Empty Folders in Files View (Not Library)0