First Addon - Addon does not have correct structure
Hello,

I was trying to write a very very basic python service which listens for network broadcasts and notify with xbmc but sadly all XBMC gives me is "Addon does not have correct structure".
I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I've checked it multiple times and compared it to working Addons.

File here <-------- This is a Link
"There are no psychics" © "The Mentalist".
If you really hope to get some help, you need to describe in details what you are doing, what your expected results, and what results you are getting.
(2014-10-22, 22:22)Roman_V_M Wrote: "There are no psychics" © "The Mentalist".
If you really hope to get some help, you need to describe in details what you are doing, what your expected results, and what results you are getting.

As I wrote I just try to install that addon but it fails with said error Message. The Debug Log doesn't have anything about it inside. I just want to install my as far as I understand correctly packaged addon.
the zip file needs to hold exactly 1 folder, named after the ID of the addon.

random.foo/addon.xml for addon with id random.foo.
this needs to be the *only* entry in the top level of the zip file.

the zip should be called random.id-version.zip where version is the version of the addon.

osx in particular is a biatch here as it adds a __macosx__ or thereabout folders, screwing up the logic. these are hidden in finder.
(2014-10-22, 22:41)ironic_monkey Wrote: the zip file needs to hold exactly 1 folder, named after the ID of the addon.

random.foo/addon.xml for addon with id random.foo.
this needs to be the *only* entry in the top level of the zip file.

the zip should be called random.id-version.zip where version is the version of the addon.

osx in particular is a biatch here as it adds a __macosx__ or thereabout folders, screwing up the logic. these are hidden in finder.

Yeah, thats the case (also, you can find the file in my first post).

Interestingly enough it doesn't even work when i manually extract it to .xbmc/addons/

I feel like I'm missing something obvious
Python version "2.14.0" might be a problem?
Apart from the python version, this

Quote: <extension point="xbmc.service" library="default.py" start="startup"/>
</addon>
has no closing </extension>

Also, I'm not sure whether or not you need to specify the platform or not.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
see: Addon.xml (wiki)
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
the real problem is the lack of the metadata extension. it is a necessity http://kodi.wiki/view/Addon.xml#xbmc.addon.metadata

@black_eagle: xml has a shorthand syntax used there. if your tag has no value, you can do <tag attrib1="foo" attrib2="bar"/> - note the ending />
(2014-10-23, 10:58)ironic_monkey Wrote: the real problem is the lack of the metadata extension. it is a necessity http://kodi.wiki/view/Addon.xml#xbmc.addon.metadata

@black_eagle: xml has a shorthand syntax used there. if your tag has no value, you can do <tag attrib1="foo" attrib2="bar"/> - note the ending />

Thanks! Solved.

I thought that xbmc.addon.metadata was about scraping..
(2014-10-23, 10:58)ironic_monkey Wrote: @black_eagle: xml has a shorthand syntax used there. if your tag has no value, you can do <tag attrib1="foo" attrib2="bar"/> - note the ending />

Cheers, I'll remember that Smile
Learning Linux the hard way !!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
First Addon - Addon does not have correct structure0