• 8(current)
[RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Plugin
(2014-10-29, 01:48)chester77 Wrote:
(2014-10-29, 01:44)eracknaphobia Wrote: Are you using a VPN / DNS service?

Can you get to the web version of NHL Gamecenter?

I am using unblock.us. I can access the web version of GCL.

Strange, I'm not sure why the add-on is giving you fits? I'm using it right now and it seems fine so far.

You could try disabling unblockus as a test, to see if it makes any difference.
The last game center plug in was taken down from github. If we continue talking about bypassing blackout restrictions, I would imagine we're looking at the same thing here.

Before reporting issues, please try a feed that you know is not blacked out in your region (or better yet, try it from the official website).
Don't see game center in video addons. I tried refresh/updates and Still nothing.
I've installed the latest 0.7.4 addon from the zip on Gotham 13.2 but still getting a script error. See line 36 in the log file Error Contents: <urlopen error [Errno 61] Connection refused>
I initially thought it might be the firewall on the Mac blocking connections so I disabled the firewall, restarted the PC but no difference.
I've tried re-installing the addon and even XBMC but still same error each time.

http://pastebin.com/6TXiQiWf

Really appreciate the effort that's been put into this and any help would be great!

P.S. I can view the games fine from the browser...
(2014-10-29, 04:10)jtopiwala Wrote: I've installed the latest 0.7.4 addon from the zip on Gotham 13.2 but still getting a script error. See line 36 in the log file Error Contents: <urlopen error [Errno 61] Connection refused>
I initially thought it might be the firewall on the Mac blocking connections so I disabled the firewall, restarted the PC but no difference.
I've tried re-installing the addon and even XBMC but still same error each time.

http://pastebin.com/6TXiQiWf

Really appreciate the effort that's been put into this and any help would be great!

P.S. I can view the games fine from the browser...

Here are the status codes explained:

Connection refused: The peer is not listening on the respective network port you're trying to connect to. This usually means that either a firewall is actively denying the connection or the respective service is not started on the other site or is overloaded.

Connection timed out: During the attempt to establish the TCP connection, no response came from the other side within a given time limit. In the context of urllib this may also mean that the HTTP response did not arrive in time. This is sometimes also caused by firewalls, sometimes by network congestion or heavy load on the remote (or even local) site.

With that said it may not be the firewall on your MAC but on your router or if using a VPN/Proxy you may need to update the dns for that service.

it looks also like the error occurred as you clicked to watch a live stream. were you able to view that live stream from the NHL GC website?

I too have gotten this error when the NHL GC servers are busy. usually retrying it a few times makes it work. I do notice this more on nights when there are a lot of games on such as last night. or on saturdays. it also plays part in more buffering issues when there are 6-8 games on at once. which I do see happen from the browser as well. sometimes dropping to the 3000kbps helps in the buffering other times you have to go to SD and well to me thats unbearable to watch.

This seasons schedule calls for many nights with 6-8 games being played. it may be time for NHL GC to add more servers.
Thanks for the reply cookiemonster70.
I don't have any VPN or DNS service running, but as you noted I should check the settings on my router to make sure there is no firewall or blocked ports.
I am able to view the live games fine from the NHL GC website. I also attempted to start the live game multiple times through the addon in the event the servers are busy, but I always get the same script error.

I'll test it out tonight and post back the results.
(2014-10-29, 18:48)jtopiwala Wrote: Thanks for the reply cookiemonster70.
I don't have any VPN or DNS service running, but as you noted I should check the settings on my router to make sure there is no firewall or blocked ports.
I am able to view the live games fine from the NHL GC website. I also attempted to start the live game multiple times through the addon in the event the servers are busy, but I always get the same script error.

I'll test it out tonight and post back the results.

not sure if you have tried this but it could also be due to an old cookie. as this has happened to me a few times and deleting the \XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter\cookies.lwp file will force an updated cookie.

I was planning on adding code to automatically delete the cookies.lwp file upon the add-on start up but just have been way to busy to get to doing so. I might have some time this weekend to do it. as this would solve many issues that some are having.

that is unless ellisd gets around to doing so.
I am running xmbc on an xios box. I have GCL 7.4 installed. I'm currently using my Rogers login although I have a nhl.com GCL login as well. using CDN IP currently. I can view all the latest games perfectly when I open them, but it will not let me open a live game.
" one or more items failed to play. check the log file for details" I tired having the log filed emailed to me but the link for the log file won't open.
I can view live games on my other devices, ps3, iphone, computer.
Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks!
I'm having problems as well. I can't seem to view any of the archived games with the add-on. Everything works if I watch them in GCL on NHL.com but no luck with the add-on. I haven't tried live games yet because I just got GCL today. I added my debugging file below.

http://pastebin.com/BF6tjaNB
(2014-10-30, 17:38)CrazedKilaCrash Wrote: I'm having problems as well. I can't seem to view any of the archived games with the add-on. Everything works if I watch them in GCL on NHL.com but no luck with the add-on. I haven't tried live games yet because I just got GCL today. I added my debugging file below.

http://pastebin.com/BF6tjaNB

Do you have your Quality Settings set to 5000K? There seems to be a bug in the code that won't play an archived video with this setting. If you change your Quality Settings to Best it should play, albeit not at the "best" but at 3000k. It should be an easy fix for future release.
I tried changing the quality setting and used all the available options. I went all the way down to SD 800

Edit: I started off on best and I also just tried using it again and still no luck
If you changed it at the Home / Away selection screen it won't have any effect. You need to back out to the main menu of the addon and make the change. That way it can create the correct links.
Still doesn't work. I went all the way out of it and changing the setting through settings->addons-> found NHL Gamecenter live->configure
It is still already set at best
Checking my log it gives me the exact same error. I tried erasing the cookies also and it doesn't help.
(2014-10-30, 21:43)CrazedKilaCrash Wrote: Still doesn't work. I went all the way out of it and changing the setting through settings->addons-> found NHL Gamecenter live->configure
It is still already set at best
Checking my log it gives me the exact same error. I tried erasing the cookies also and it doesn't help.

That's strange. I can 't seem to recreate the issue with Quality Setting set to best, I can only get it when I set it to 5K. Can you post another log file?

Also, which game are you trying to watch? I was only testing yesterdays NSH vs EDM game.
That's the same game I'm trying to watch since I know it won't be blacked out but I've tried a few different games, but they all do the same thing

Here's the second log there's a lot less lines in it since I tried restarting xbmc after changing the settings also.
http://pastebin.com/kbU9dKzG
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Plugin7