Profile music bug? (CAudioDecoder: Unable to Init Codec)
redirected from forum.osmc.tv by ActionA

I am having problems playing music in my profiles (other than master). However, when it fails, I can no longer play music in master until a reboot.
I have searched the forums extensively, but no luck. Note: This is occuring on two different pis, with two different power supplies, with two different media locations.
My main setup has been working until recently. Both systems are up-to-date.

some background
I have been an avid user of rasbmc for the last 2 years
My main media setup is my raspbmc connected to a filesharing server (currently ClearOS) over Samba.
The issue I am having came up recently on a different Pi, with newly installed raspbmc with the media on an external hard drive.
After a whole heap of time troubleshooting, I tried to reproduce the error on my main setup.
To my suprise, it also occurred there. I don't often use the other profiles for music (just movies), but I am certain that this didn't occur originally.

To reproduce the error, I start with a fresh boot to master. I select a song to play. It plays.
I log onto another profile. I play the same song. I get "One or more items failed to play" error
I log back to the master profile. I play the same song. I get the same error. No songs will play until a reboot.

The error log shows the following repeating errors (full log at http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=325067 )
09:50:56 T:3037397792 ERROR: Open - Unhandled exception
09:50:56 T:3037397792 ERROR: Open - Error opening smb://KAIKKI/media/Media/Music/Rock/10,000 Maniacs/Candy Everybody Wants.mp3
09:50:56 T:3037397792 ERROR: MP3Codec: Unable to open file smb://KAIKKI/media/Media/Music/Rock/10,000 Maniacs/Candy Everybody Wants.mp3
09:50:56 T:3037397792 ERROR: CAudioDecoder: Unable to Init Codec while loading file smb://KAIKKI/media/Media/Music/Rock/10,000 Maniacs/Candy Everybody Wants.mp3
09:50:56 T:3037397792 WARNING: PAPlayer::QueueNextFileEx - Failed to create the decoder
09:50:56 T:3037397792 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [smb://KAIKKI/media/Media/Music/Rock/10,000 Maniacs/Candy Everybody Wants.mp3]
09:51:03 T:2783966272 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false

This is happening on both my pi's (as stated above). A likely possibility is a bug due to an update, but it doesn't seem to be a common problem.
Any suggestions?
thanks for any help
------
I just tried booting straight into a profile other than master. The song played no problems. Logged off and logged into master. The error occurred.
Seems I can't play songs if I change profiles (without a reboot).
Huh??
--------
verbose log at http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=325097
(tried logging in to a non-master profile. song played. logged off and logged into master profile. song didn't play. Something different - tried a different song, song played. Tried another song. song didn't play. Tried song that previously played. song didn't play.

no problems with movies
-------
another bit of info.
Fresh boot in master. Change profile without playing any songs in master. song wont play.
Fresh boot into profile where song won't play. Song plays.
Definitely related to changing profiles, not with the profile itself.
I just tried testing on my other pi (with a fresh install of raspbmc) which has a slightly different setup - it boots into the logon screen.
If I select a profile other than master, I get the error. If I set it up to automatically boot to the non-master profile, I don't get the error.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Profile music bug? (CAudioDecoder: Unable to Init Codec)0