• 1(current)
iOS 8 support
Does anyone know or has anyone tried to run Gotham on the new ios 8.1 jailbreak?
(2014-10-23, 03:36)jzharris Wrote: Does anyone know or has anyone tried to run Gotham on the new ios 8.1 jailbreak?

I just installed it on my iPad air on 8.1. Very interesting - all my previously installed add-ons appeared like they were when I was on iOS 7. I was planning on having to install zips again since my iPad was restored & updated to iOS 8.1, then jb with pangu, loaded cydia, then added the xbmc source to cydia. How did I get all my previously installed add ons back without reinstalling the zipsHuh Bonus I guess, but has me wondering.
i would be doing a fresh install. Did XBMC functions as it normally does aside from your issue with the addons?
I've been playing with it - seems not to be that stable unfortunately. The xbmc app has closed immediately after opening it a few times, but then would open and seem to run fine - fast actually. Watching a video and sliding the scrubber to fast forward seems to crash xbmc also.
Cool thanks for the response. I'll be holding out till they release a fix. This is the main reason to have a jail broken device
8.1 jailbreak already? Damn, that's fast. Time to backup and install on my iPad, I guess.
gotham might not work correctly on some devices (wrong window size, textfield above on screen keyboard is invisible, tvout has wrong orientatn). This are all issues which are fixed in latest kodi alpha already. Also support for the new devices (ipad air2, ipad mini3, iphone6, iphone6plus) will be available as of the next nightly build tomorrow.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-10-23, 06:55)jzharris Wrote: Cool thanks for the response. I'll be holding out till they release a fix. This is the main reason to have a jail broken device

Your complete settings where backed up by itunes when you updated and restored afterwards. I am not aware of any issues on ios8 other that i have pointed out above (and i run it since ios8.0 was released). I tend to think that its because of your "polluted" settings folder. Either start fresh and see if the unstability is gone or update to latest kodi alpha. There won't be fixes for issues i don't see or which are not pinpointed correctly.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2014-10-23, 08:45)Memphiz Wrote: gotham might not work correctly on some devices (wrong window size, textfield above on screen keyboard is invisible, tvout has wrong orientatn). This are all issues which are fixed in latest kodi alpha already. Also support for the new devices (ipad air2, ipad mini3, iphone6, iphone6plus) will be available as of the next nightly build tomorrow.

I'm not opposed to updating to the kodi alpha on my ipad 3, but none of my media is stored locally. It's all shared in a mysql database. The server that has all the media is on gotham 12.1 (or whatever the most current stable release is). Will kodi alpha require a different mysql db or is gotham and the alpha on the same db?
It will be different db version. So if you update you will have to update all.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-10-23, 17:43)Martijn Wrote: It will be different db version. So if you update you will have to update all.
Dang. Guess I need to go check openelec, one of my machines is on openelec so need to verify they are up to date with the alpha too before taking this endeavor.
I might do a Gotham 13.2-1 just for ios8 soon ...
(2014-10-23, 18:13)Memphiz Wrote: I might do a Gotham 13.2-1 just for ios8 soon ...
Yes please!
I can confirm fresh install on iPad Air 8.1 will crash when trying to skim thru a movie streaming
More Details needed
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iOS 8 support0