• 7(current)
iOS 8 support
(2014-12-24, 22:01)Ned Scott Wrote: Can you get us a debug log (wiki) of when you play a video on the iPad 3?

Here is my log.
In there i played 2 videos. In the first one i was not really sure if it was really stuttering .In the second one it was obvious.
Hope it can help

Thanks and merr christmas
Looks like it's having some audio sync issues. It's dropping frames, which causes the stutter, in an attempt to make the video and the audio line up. At least, I think that's what it's saying in the log.

I'm not sure why it would do that on an iPad install. One idea would be to just check and see if it's a settings issue.

Go into Settings -> Videos -> Playback -> and hit the revert to default button.

Go into Settings -> System -> Audio output -> and hit the revert to default button.

and finally

Go into Settings -> System -> Video output -> and hit the revert to default button.

That should give us safe settings for the iPad.
(2014-12-25, 07:40)Ned Scott Wrote: Looks like it's having some audio sync issues. It's dropping frames, which causes the stutter, in an attempt to make the video and the audio line up. At least, I think that's what it's saying in the log.

I'm not sure why it would do that on an iPad install. One idea would be to just check and see if it's a settings issue.

Go into Settings -> Videos -> Playback -> and hit the revert to default button.

Go into Settings -> System -> Audio output -> and hit the revert to default button.

and finally

Go into Settings -> System -> Video output -> and hit the revert to default button.

That should give us safe settings for the iPad.
Thanks for the great explanation!
I reset all the audio/video settings without success Confused Still stuttering. BTW i did start from a fresh guisettings.xml.
The only files i "forced" were advancesettings.xml and sources.xml
What should be my CPU-KODI usage without anything playing. I am seeing 110% and i am wondering if that s normal.

Thanks for help!
Having the same issue, I have an iPad 3 (A5X)
My logs here:
http://pastebin.com/zrmnNfQW
Had no issues with Gotham. Can't seem to downgrade though, icon never appears after install.
Hi any other where the tv shows just show like a long list of files and not like seasons whit covers ?
(2014-12-30, 18:23)macTh3Knif3 Wrote: Having the same issue, I have an iPad 3 (A5X)
My logs here:
Had no issues with Gotham. Can't seem to downgrade though, icon never appears after install.

does this happen only with 1080p movies?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2015-01-02, 13:14)Memphiz Wrote: does this happen only with 1080p movies?

It's worse with 1080 definitely... It looks to me like hw acceleration isn't working, cpu goes to over 100%
(2015-01-02, 13:14)Memphiz Wrote:
(2014-12-30, 18:23)macTh3Knif3 Wrote: Having the same issue, I have an iPad 3 (A5X)
My logs here:

does this happen only with 1080p movies?
Happens on 720p and 1080p for me
debug log (wiki)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2015-01-03, 14:50)Memphiz Wrote: debug log (wiki)
I already posted it here a few post back Wink log
So . Is this not working under iOS 8.1.2 with iPad Air? The tutorial states up to ios7...?
works on ios 8.1.2 - which tutorial are you refering too so we can update it?

Same to my iPad 3. iOS 8.1.2.
Most stutter comes with 1080p but some times with 720p too.
I will post my log tomorrow if you need it.
(2015-01-28, 23:04)NewFolk Wrote:

Same to my iPad 3. iOS 8.1.2.
Most stutter comes with 1080p but some times with 720p too.
I will post my log tomorrow if you need it.

Is this looked at? Memphiz? Can we give you any more data?
Thanks
nope - i have an ipad2 and an ipadmini retina ... both don't show the issue (neither with 720p nor with 1080p) content. Nothing i can do about atm. In the future i will try to get some gpu2gpu improvement into mainline which i worked on 2 years ago - but no eta no that (in the end it might help on your ipad3 problem).

There is some longish way to go before i can work on gpu2gpu decoding (we need to bump ios SDK first and also bump the minimum ios version requirement for kodi - this alone will lead to new bugs and issues before i even think about doing something fancy like gpu2gpu).
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iOS 8 support0