Linux Music scan using NFS scans twice
running XBMCbuntu 13.2

When I do a scan to update music the scan runs twice. I have the sources set for NFS for music. This happens on Openelc as well.

My sources in sources.xml look like.

<music>
<default pathversion="1"></default>
<source>
<name>media</name>
<path pathversion="1">nfs://192.168.2.88/c/media/</path>
<allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
</source>
</music>

I have been using NFS for my music and video for over 5 years and this is the first version of XBMC to behave this way. It's been doing this for a while but this is the first time I am getting around to reporting it sorry.

I have tried to put a symbolic link in and it does the same thing.

Any ideas?
debug log (wiki) when scanning
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Here you go!

Log Files
What do you mean with "I have tried to put a symbolic link in and it does the same thing."
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Sorry not a symbolic link. I meant to write that I have tried to nfs mount the drive as well but I get the same results. The log file I gave you is from a new install. :Let me know if you find anything out or have any questions. Thanks for your help!
No i don't see anything because its just to much data in there. So to clarify once more - it scans twice but you don't have anything twice in the database afterwards right?
Correct, it scans everything twice, but I do not have doubles in my database. It's just annoying as it take forever to run a scan, and the whole reason I switched to NFS is because it used to make my library scan super fast.
I'm not sure what you mean when you say there is too much data in there? In that log file when it starts the scan if you just take the first album it scans, you can see that it scans it on line 644, then again on Line 2533 and then once more on Line 3946. So it seem clear that xbmc is scanning the source actually 3 times! I am assuming it does this for everyone, maybe they don't have as much in their library that they don't notice.
pinged another dev for looking at the log.
Looks like an awful old bug. https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5594 takes care of it (workarounds it).
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
thx Smile (and maybe you should join Team-Kodi - Team-XBMC is so 2013's Big Grin)
Hah. Done Smile
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Awesome, Thanks guys!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music scan using NFS scans twice0