Best Solution to play bluray / 1080p files with XBMC ?
Hi,
i have a pretty big movie collection currently but its split over multiple HDDs and i playback using WD HDTV Live. <pretty poop, really hate its gui, time to go.
Though it has problems playing back large files, mostly 1080p over 4GB.

Im getting an Amazon Fire TV with XBMC to replace it and looking for something to hold my collection and stream to the device without lag or stuttering.

From what i have read i am thinking i am best getting a NAS with gigabit ethernet but im not too sure.
Also i see some NAS with blu ray drives, if i was to put blu ray movie in can you playback through XBMC ?

Thanks for any help.
Start here.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
thanks, i have read that and the NAS linked by the OP is probably in my price range

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Synology-DS213J-...ogy+ds213j

Will it be good enough to stream 1080p files to AFTV?
You didn't say anything about your files other than that they are 1080P and over 4GB.

FireTV can't play VC1 and about 1/5 or so of all BDs are in that format.

FireTV can't handle HD audio.

FireTV is pretty pokey compared to something like an HTPC with a Haswell CPU ... you can build one of those starting at $200.

So no, I would not say Fire TV is the "best solution" if you're looking for high performance "blu ray" playback.

It's also hard to believe you can't find more information about this out by doing a search of the forums, since someone is literally in here asking the same question every few days.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best Solution to play bluray / 1080p files with XBMC ?0