Onboard intel graphics bottleneck during playback
Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to get a mini-itx HTPC setup to work with Kodi and am having no luck. The system has a core 2 duo 2.2 processor and g41 onboard intel graphics with 8gigs ram. Whenever I try to play uncompressed 1080p video, the whole thing lags immensely. During playback, CPU usage hovers at 90-100% which is where the bottleneck occurs. I tried playing around with different hardware acceleration settings; I even reinstalled windows 8.1 (lighter resource load than 7) from scratch and it still lags. From my understanding, the above specs should be plenty to handle uncompressed video and yet it's not working. The specific motherboard with onboard video is asus p5g41c-m.

Has anyone had luck playing uncompressed 1080p with similar specs or even that particular motherboard? Perhaps you could suggest where the issue might be occurring.

Thank you
Post your Debug Log - no idea concerning DXVA on that very old gpu ... so Debug Log
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Onboard intel graphics bottleneck during playback0