BluRay not smooth in XBMC, works fine in Media Player
Hello All,

I have a Lenovo T410 Laptop set as my HTPC xbmc setup using windows 7 and a displayport to HDMI adapter. So far everything has been running good for 1080P and DTS-MA passthrough for MKV, etc however, i am having some issues with Bluray movies (ios and .m2ts files around 32-50GB) the movies i have been copied to the local HDD to remove network as a issue.

When using XBMC to play these files the video plays but its not smooth however, its not as bad to say its choppy. When i play the file in Windows Media Player, it runs just fine.

i've been playing with some of the settings within XBMC however, have yet to find a settings that fixes this

XBMC: 13.2
Laptop: Lenovo t410 w/ Windows 7
Audio: passthrough DP to HDMI
Video, DP to HDMI
Video chipsets: Intel HD Graphics
Bump, any ideas? again works fine with windows media player however, not smooth within xbmc
You should paste a Debug Log with debug logging enabled. Without a logfile its hard to tell
will do now, thanks
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=327062

Line 507 is where the vid started
Well...I don't know for sure, cause I use XBMC on Linux, but it seemed that your hardware acceleration has hickups. I See you use DXVA. IIRC isn't there something like DXVA2 or DXVA-HD? If yes, I would test those. If these failed, too, I would deactivate hardware acceleration and usw software decoding (just for testing).

But I'm only guessing... So please don't blame me, if I'm completely wrong Wink
Ok thanks, I see some other issues, so I am reinstalling windows now as this is a very old install. I will report back.
How is this an XBMC issue? This is using external and proprietary software/codecs
i am not saying its XBMC however, when i play the same file in windows media player, it runs just fine. how does the default codecs differ between the two?
I'm just saying that the codec and player is proprietary, so I'm guessing they're not necessarily optimized to be used via XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BluRay not smooth in XBMC, works fine in Media Player0