"A/V sync method" setting is missing
Updating to XBMCBuntu 13.0 and 13.2 I can no longer find the Playback setting 'A/V sync method'. Has this feature been permanently removed or can it still be configured via configuration files?

I have a 144 inch projection screen and a Panasonic projector and the only way I have ever been able to get 100% smooth playback from Blu-ray's is via the A/V sync method. I have gone back to xbmc 12.0 so that I can enable this feature.

Thanks!
Please read the Gotham FAQ. It is still there - you only need to switch to "Advanced Settings" Level.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks a bunch!
I've been looking for the "A/V sync method" but it seems to have disappeared from the menus recently (currently set at "Expert Settings" level). Using a Kodi snapshot from last week, I find that sound changes pitch permanently when a stream glitch occurs, so voices end up lower or higher in pitch and remain that way until the stream is stopped and re-started.
debug log please
Here is the debug log:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=413979

The symptom is easily reproducible:
- start Live TV for an encrypted channel
- stop oscam until screen freezes
- start oscam. Image will resume streaming normally after a bit of buffering. Audio will be corrupted.[/php]
live streams do hard syncing when buffers ran dry. edit advances settings and increase minaudiocachelevel
Changing minaudiocachelevel doesn't change the situation: I modified that to 30%, restarted Kodi, ran LiveTV and ended up with the audio rate running permanently slow until the stream was forcibly stopped and restarted. The buffers weren't depleted.
(2015-02-04, 17:52)nickb937 Wrote: Changing minaudiocachelevel doesn't change the situation: I modified that to 30%, restarted Kodi, ran LiveTV and ended up with the audio rate running permanently slow until the stream was forcibly stopped and restarted. The buffers weren't depleted.

Basically the sound is either ~0.1secs ahead or behind the video. The sound either speeds up or slows down to attempt to get back in sync with the video, but remains a fixed position in time out of sync. So the only effect is either sounds running with an unusually high pitch or sound running with an unusually low pitch.
could you post a new log with the change param please
Here's a log with audio corruption. Half of a spoken word is dropped every 2.5 seconds.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=420580

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"A/V sync method" setting is missing0