Submenu Aeon Nox
Hi guys, i am currently using the Aeon Nox skin on gotham, loving it.

I recently created a XBMCbackup through the backupaddon. When i tried to restore the setting on a new device (android). All other setting go fine including the home menu button. The submenu look good for a while. About two second later, a progess bar pop up and XBMC seems loading the skin shortcut again.
All the sudden , all the submenu go back to default.

I tried to create a backup file with addon_data (script.skinshortcuts) only , but still not working. I take a look at the script.skinshortcuts, it seems to be what i want.

What did I miss or what should i do to.

Thanks everyone
Regards
SImon
You need to backup (and restore) the .DATA.xml files in userdata (wiki)/addon_data/script.skinshortcuts. Note that these files really aren't designed to be moved across systems. So, it's possible the occasional submenu item (playlists are regular offenders) will need to be recreated to work properly.
thanks,
I had this folder backup (userdata/addon_data/script.skinshortcuts) and i see some XX.DATA.xml inside. Try to restore those file through addon. No response.

If i restore the entire backup (with addon , database and etc) those submenu come back, but reload to default very soon. Do i need more than the script.skinshortcuts to make it working ?

Cheers
Nope. As long as those files are in script.skinshortcuts addon_data directory, it will build the sub menus from them. If it can't find them - as sounds like the case here, it will build the submenu from the .shortcuts files included with Nox5.
Stupid me.
i manually copy and paste those DATA.xml file to userdata folder. ANd it works. That remind me that may be i forgot to click on the userdata on xbmcbackup addon. so those addon data did restore.

Thanks a million, have a good weekend.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Submenu Aeon Nox0