Win no video or sound during playback from PC to TV
Sad 
I am new, and spent literally from noon today until now setting this up. When I connected my desktop PC to I am able to only see my desktop, no XBMC video playing, nor any sound from my TV what is wrongHuh I am running windows 8. Confused
You might want to read over the manual
http://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/System#Video_output

Most likely your windows settings are set to extended desktop instead of mirrored. Both modes will work, you just have to configure xbmc to use the other screen. See link above.
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
[quote='lrusak' pid='1822052' dateline='1414291895']
You might want to read over the manual
http://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/System#Video_output

Most likely your windows settings are set to extended desktop instead of mirrored. Both modes will work, you just have to configure xbmc to use the other screen. See link above.
[/

That doesn't explain why no sound comes out on tv does it? Thanks I'll read article.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Windows_audio
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
I have no idea what I'm doing, this is way too advanced for me just written instructions don't help me that isn't how I learn, I need instructions like video or something. Been working on this entire day. :-(
You might need to select the TV as the audio device from within XBMC's settings by going to:

XBMC -> Settings -> System -> Audio output -> Output device
(2014-10-26, 05:21)Ned Scott Wrote: You might need to select the TV as the audio device from within XBMC's settings by going to:

XBMC -> Settings -> System -> Audio output -> Output device

I did that, still no sound :-(
I'm just giving up and going back to using what works PLEX. This just isn't for me all apparently. Thanks anyway guys.
Plex works but not XBMC? That's odd, considering the Windows Plex client is based on XBMC.
(2014-10-26, 07:04)Ned Scott Wrote: Plex works but not XBMC? That's odd, considering the Windows Plex client is based on XBMC.

Plex streams so have no need for stupid HDMI route. Plus on roku they have an app. That's what makes it better for me. Missing tons of XBMC features but have to use what works
So I was able to get video and audio finally on PC, now problem is that the TV picture is about 6:9 ratio instead of full screen cutting everything off??
Fix your TV picture settings
Or use what works...Plex...so no need to complain about XBMC issuee

Have fun

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
no video or sound during playback from PC to TV0