OS X Apple Remote Controle issue with Yosemite
Hi,

I upgraded my 2010 Mac Mini from 10.9 to 10.10 two days ago and since today, my ARC isn't working. I've tested with my second ARC, same issue.

Anyone aware of this ? Any workaround like a non apple driver ?

Thanks
Nemrod
So Candelair doesn't allo to launch XBMC; but allows to control it.

A workaround, while looking for a proper solution, launch XBMC on startup.

Nemrod
I was going to suggest Candelair but I see you've already found it. This seems to be a fairly widespread problem on the Apple discussion forums. Perhaps it won't take Apple to long to push out a fix.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Thanks Blush

Hope you right, i''m gonna wait a bit and, without a change, go back to 10.9 with CCC.

Nemrod
Ain't backups wonderful.Big Grin
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Yep Big Grin
Candelair works. I found i needed to select Hamony then back to apple remote.

I have not tested launching using menu
hi,

What is your configuration ? What about using Apple driver for AR ?

Nemrod
I noticed that the settings for the Apple Remote control disappeared from the security pref and simultaneously XBMC stopped responding to my two silver ARs - did not have time to investigate so went with candelair - when i get time i will uninstall it and try again with xbmc and with vlc .. It seemed like apple had dropped the driver for mac mini!

config is mac mini 2012 with yosemite with nightlies which i update every few days connected to panasonic plasma via idmi.

In the past (pre yosemite and candelair) certain builds have given me issues if i use the menu-key-to-launch setting and helper and/or start xbmc on boot - my bootup with fusion drive is VERY fast - i have always suspected some sort of boot issue and a race condition with ir sub sys and drivers. I never nailed it.. I have had to use a launcher applescript at startup with a built in 2 second delay at times ... Results vary from one build and day to another with no pattern i can determine. I might come back to these issues once the yosemite IR issues are nailed ..

EDIT

I tested again (removing candelair first and rebooting). Works well with silver apple remote natively on Yosemite (as long as xbmc is not started directly at login as above).

(I suspect the reason it did not work first time round was that I had not seen the tip to change remote to none or harmany and back to apple remote)
As far as i remember Candalair din't work on launching XBMC, i'm gonna test.

Nemrod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple Remote Controle issue with Yosemite0