13.2 fire tv mysql issue with losing database on reboot
Having some interesting issues with my firetv with xbmc that I never had when using an apple tv with xbmc.

I run a mysql server. It is running and XBMC/Kodi Attaches to it perfectly.

But my issues are that as follows

1. Watched state disappears if fire tv is rebooted
2. cannot resume my movies from where I left off
3. some posters revert to poster I don't even have.
4. on my mac laptop which I connect as well via 13.2, the same thing happens, it is as if the mysql xbmc database is reset on reboot of the fire tv. I can open and close it on my mac and everything stays as it should....

Wondering if anyone has anything I can try to see where the problem is.

Mysql runs on my mac pro, with the xbmc media files store on the hard drives there.

My fire tv uses sources.xml which has all my sources mapped using NFS

Content settings don't stay on my setup for type of content.

My main concern is it is as if the database for 13.2 is wiped every time I reboot the fire tv...

This never happened on openelec with my apple tv 1st gen running 13.2 and never happened when on eden on apple tv 1st gen original os, and never happened on xbmc 13.2 on an android mx2 box I had. or when using my mac with those items. It seems like the fire tv is losing the information that is normally shared between my boxes...

Everything was working with resume, watched state, etc on the other systems that ran 13.2, so not sure why the fire tv is not doing it.

Fire tv is rooted, updates blocked, boots into XBMC using the xbmc launcher.

Advanced settings file has all the settings and I know it is using it because I have checked and it is using it.

I am at a loss as to why it seems as if my database is constantly resetting on mysql.... It is not fun to not be able to know what I have watched, pause and resume movies or shows in my other devices...

I have no problem with changing mysql version if need be and starting a new database. I am on the mysql 5.6.19 osx 10.7-x86-64 version

Perhaps someone here running a similar setup can help me out in resolving the issue. The only change in my system is the fire tv being used in place of an mx2 box, both ran same lodi/XBMC version of 13.2 and used same mysql.

Should I change a setting in mysql? Is this even a fire tv issue with 13.2 or is it something in mysql that is maybe messed up?
It's probably got a local SQLite database, and it sometimes times out when connecting to the MySQL server and falls back onto the local database. A debug log (wiki) would tell us.
I think that could be it. will clear my log and reboot and see what happens then collect a fresh log. I also wonder if it is a latency issue as maybe it takes too long to read the data out of the database….

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
13.2 fire tv mysql issue with losing database on reboot0