Req UPNP player+XBMC remote combo instead of full XBMC app
This would add an option to view XBMC content on devices without setting up XBMC and creating a library on each device. This also will be great for instant connection to any XBMC library at any place.

XBMC was designed for TVs. The interface is not relevant for devices like smartphones or tablets. I think that this would work on IOS without jailbreaking.
XBMC supports upnp, you can use that to stream from your PC to your mobile device. You don't have to run XBMC on your mobile for it to work.

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Share_libraries_using_UPnP
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
This mostly works already. An XBMC install can host a UPnP library for various iOS App Store video players, like VLC and nPlayer. Not all of the metadata shows up, but I'm not sure if that's because of what XBMC does or what the UPnP clients do.
I mean UPNP player with XBMC remote app interface.
(2014-10-25, 08:22)roalush Wrote: I mean UPNP player with XBMC remote app interface.

I think yatse does this
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
problem with upnp players is that they won't play any ISO files nor Blu-rays. Also most players on smartphones/tablets can't deal with AC3 or DTS, thus it requires server side transcoding which Kodi is not (yet) capable of.

@ned and metadata via UPNP
from what I know the UPNP spec doesn't contain all the metadata we can provide, so we're adding our own metadata fields (which is fine to do according spec) which most players don't know what to do with

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UPNP player+XBMC remote combo instead of full XBMC app0