Linux Add-On for importing my DVD's and Blurays?
I'm still pretty new to all of this, so please bare with me.

I'm running the latest XBMCbuntu Gotham 13.2.

I'm trying to find an add-on or script that will allow me to import my dvd's and blurays into my video library in as little steps as possible.

Something along the lines of...

1. Insert Disk
2. XBMC pops up "Would you like to import this movie into your library?"
3. Hit [OK]
4. Wait
5. Enjoy
(Might be asking too much, but there are thousands of add-ons out there, so there's gotta be something like this, right?)

That way I can finally shove all these archaic disks in the attic.

The closest thing I can find that might do what I want is Swiss Army Knife, but it looks like development has stopped on it a long time ago, and the latest version does not work in Gotham.

I'm not even sure if thats what I am looking for though, since I have never been able to try it.

Is there an add-on that will do what I want in Gotham?

I have spent hours searching online, and all I can find is Swiss Army Knife, and instructions to rip dvd's and blurays on a desktop computer.

Thank you very much for reading.

Please share any info you might have on the subject.
XBMC cannot rip a dvd directly, so that may be the reason there is no addon to do so.

Just use handbrake to rip your disks, put them in your movies folder, scan the library.
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
Thanks for the reply.

I imagine its possible for an add-on to manage and run applications like handbrake that are installed in the underlying operating system?

I'd be happy to install and configure any software needed in ubuntu, then have an add-on that communicates with and manages the software.

A complicated setup, but once its done, a 2 year old could add a movie to the library.

Anything like that exist?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add-On for importing my DVD's and Blurays?0