video episode thumbnail stretches after loading metadata
Hello,

First I have to congratulate you on making this nice skin for xbmc. I really like it. Especially how it uses fanart.

But there is one little thing that bugs me.
When I look at the video menu in fanart view mode something odd happens after I load metadata. Internet or local file.

You know how in fanart view you have the browse list on the right and on the left the poster.
When you open a folder you have the same browse list on the right and on the left a small preview picture of the episode you are hovering the mouse over.

Well this seems to be working fine as long as I don't load any metadata. After loading the data, using local file or scraper, that preview picture gets stretched to the size of the poster.
And that's really ugly. I only want to add the extra plot of the series, the fanart and posters are allready in the folder and are loaded automatically.

So now I have the choice of using it without plot but with nice episode preview pictures. Or load the plot and have ugly stretched out preview pictures.Confused

Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?
this is just a guess, but it sounds like you've incorrectly set content to movies instead of tv shows.

if you can't figure it out, please post a screenshot and let me know what xbmc and T! versions you're using.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

The left picture is before and the right one is after I set content to tv shows and loaded metadata.

Unless it's supposed to do that, in my case it seems better not setting any content...I'm only missing the plot summary while browsing shows. Could live without but do prefer withBig Grin

Only thing I did was install xbmc then change skin.
using xbmc-13.2-Gotham

Call me stupid but what do you mean by T! version?
nope, it's not supposed to look like that at all.
it's not only streching the icon, but also displaying the red tv case around the icon.
that's only supposed to happen when you're browsing your tv shows / seasons, but not episodes.

could you do me a favour and go to 'Settings > System Info' and take another screenshot?
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Well at first it was only the stretched picture. The case only appeared at bit later, like magic. Also if I change content again to no content. The pictures stay stretched.
Only way to get them back to normal seems to be to remove/add source again.
Ok, I finally solved it.

After a while I noticed not all folders had the streched icon. And after some more comparison I noticed all the ones that were streched had a different filename structure. Changing the filename structure and letting XBMC rescan the folder seems to have solved the problem. Everything looks like it should now.
I'm pretty new to XBMC so I had no clue that the filename structure was that important. I thought that if every file in a folder had the same filename structure it would be fine. I guess I was wrong. Confused

Oh well, it's finally fixed and that's what's important.Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
video episode thumbnail stretches after loading metadata0