Should I swap my Raspeberry Pi for a Xiaomi mi Box 3rd Gen with 4K
Xiaomi mi Box 3rd Gen with 4K Miracast and more.
As anybody got one of these?
I am using a Raspberry Pi at the moment,but i'm getting fed up of the lagging,crashing and other problems. Recently I'm having buffering problems with everything I try to watch, or it will not play at all.
I am thinking of changing to the Xiaomi mi Box, I have found a good offer for one.
Any thoughts??
Thanks
No idea. It could be perfectly fine or not good, as there doesn't seem to be much talk from users about it yet. Why even consider it without feedback when there are tons of boxes that have already proven themselves in various forum posts and reviews?
That is because XIAOMI Company is different, they are just starting to expand to some Europe countries, very slow. Their products are mainly for local market so they have everything in their language by default and they take care of the orders directly from their webpage. If they had their products sold by top chinese online store like Tronsmart, Beelink, Minix, etc do then it would be a different story.

XIAOMI may develop much better firmware compared to other brands when a new product is released.
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more
Go with a NUC, fast stable and mature.

If you want faster linux Arm go with CuBox-i which can also run Openelec but it's not as mature as the NUC platform.
I am using the Xiaomi mibox 3 with Kodi and it is working great. Playing 1080p (hardware decoding) smoothly, dolby digital / DTS passthrough. Media source is a Synology diskstation.

Caveat though is it took a bit of tweaking to get it running as I have now since there wasn't much of a community around it when I first started playing around. Stock Xiaomi interface is purely in Chinese too, however I now have the box launching directly into Kodi on boot.

I don't have a 4k TV so haven't played with 4k sources / output.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Should I swap my Raspeberry Pi for a Xiaomi mi Box 3rd Gen with 4K0