Android Unable to install on new Amazon Fire TV
Hi,
I've been trying all afternoon to install XMBC on the Amazon Fire TV I received today.

I've followed the guides over and over again and when using Terminal on my Mac (OS X Yosemite) to enter the commands it allows it but doesn't return anything to say it has been installed.

When I then check my AF TV the application hasn't installed. I thought it was as one was on ethernet and the other wifi, but that didn't change anything.

the apk i'm trying to install is xbmc-13.2-Gotham-armeabi-v7a.apk
my AF TV version 51.1.4.0_user_514006420

Any ideas how to resolve this?

Thanks,
Michael
have you looked under fire tv settings? it will have a manage applications section and it will be in there if it is installed. you won't see it appear on the fire tv menu….

did you install via ADB?
Yep, followed all the guides and go back to that section each time and it's not there.

I don't even get any sort of message in terminal to say connected or installed.

I'm assuming the fire TV must be turned on at the same time too?
Any ideas? Only reason I bought it is to install xbmc :-(
(2014-10-25, 21:15)mikkeltaylor Wrote: Any ideas? Only reason I bought it is to install xbmc :-(

What software version is your Fire TV on?
I put that in the original post. It did install an update when I first booted it up too.
(2014-10-25, 21:43)mikkeltaylor Wrote: I put that in the original post. It did install an update when I first booted it up too.

Dummy me and sorry for my oversite there. Can you try the SPMC APK, which is a Android specific build of XBMC and maintained by an XBMC developer named koying. Make sure you choose the "Non-launcher APK: link" if your Fire TV is not rooted.
(2014-10-25, 21:57)mjbxx Wrote:
(2014-10-25, 21:43)mikkeltaylor Wrote: I put that in the original post. It did install an update when I first booted it up too.

Dummy me and sorry for my oversite there. Can you try the SPMC APK, which is a Android specific build of XBMC and maintained by an XBMC developer named koying. Make sure you choose the "Non-launcher APK: link" if your Fire TV is not rooted.

Cool, will do mate. I'll give it a go in a bit and report back! Cheers.
That didn't work , but I did play around with some other things like creating an 'android' directory instead of the original file location. After that I played round with the apk file and think by copying it to the route of the directory and double - clicking it then that did something and after that I was able to connect to the ip address and install as that was the actual issue.

cheers anyway!
mike. :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to install on new Amazon Fire TV0