Switch Back without Tab Key
I'm looking for a way to get back to a playing video without using the tab key. The motivation being that on many simple remotes you don't have room for it. And basically I wouldn't even mind that if I was forced to stop playback to leave the player/visualization.

However pressing the back button will result in just that. You leave the player and are taken back to your library. From there you can't get back to the currently playing file without restarting it from the beginning, which is really annoying.

Do you folks know of any settings, add-ons or hacks to fix this? The smartest I have come up with so far is to have the skin stop the player for me when navigating away. Then at least I get the option to resume from where I left off.
What kind of remote is it? I normally map my "back" button to just stop playback completely, because of the same situations you describe. We can probably walk you through making the keymap (wiki) file to introduce this behavior.
I'm using three different remotes at the moment. The one that shipped with my case (MonCaso 312), an Xbox One remote and an Apple Remote. I think I like the Xbox One remote best, so any solution that works for MCE remotes should be fine, right?
Keep pressing back. On my system if you hit back during playback, you get to library, keep pressing back and you get to the main home menu, again and you get fullscreen playback again.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Really? Gotta try this. Though it sounds more like a bug than a feature. Big Grin
Of course you can just stop, then start playback again and you'll be able to start from where you left off.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-10-25, 23:02)toolpunk Wrote: I'm using three different remotes at the moment. The one that shipped with my case (MonCaso 312), an Xbox One remote and an Apple Remote. I think I like the Xbox One remote best, so any solution that works for MCE remotes should be fine, right?

Yep, we can use a generic remote.xml file for remote devices. Some remotes are seen as keyboard or joysticks, but "remotes" should cover all the devices you listed, I think.

We'll want to make a plain text file called remote.xml (actually, it can be called anything.xml, as long as it ends in ".xml") and save it in the userdata (wiki) folder under the "keymaps" folder. This is our new keymap (wiki). Cut and paste the following into that new plain text document:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
  <FullscreenVideo>
    <remote>
      <back>Stop</back>
    </remote>
  </FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>

Save the file and then restart XBMC/Kodi. These user-modified keymaps will merge with the default keymaps, which is why we only need to define the button we wished to change.

That should do it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Switch Back without Tab Key0