Android No navigation sounds after DTS playback on Amazon Fire TV
Hi Guys, any help anyone?
(2014-10-27, 14:19)sapstar Wrote: Hi loekf, I think we have the same problem. But one difference in my case, after stopping the movie, I see that the AV receiver shows an input of PCM, but doesn't play any sounds. For me restart of FireTV works as well as switching input on the AV receiver and back. I hope this problem can be resolved soon. What AV receiver do you have? I have an Onkyo TXNR626.

I have an Onkyo TX-NR636 with passthrough enabled in XMBC, so DTS/DD/DD+/TrueHD/DTS-HD/MA are decoded by the Onkyo. AAC and MP3 => PCM are done by
the FireTV itself.
HTPC: MS-Tech MC-1200 | Asus F2A85-M | AMD A10-6700 | OCZ Agility3 120GB | Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3| LiteOn iHOS104 BDR | Win10 x64 | Kodi 15.2
Home AV: Philips 42PFL5038 | Sony BDPS6500 | Onkyo TX-NR636 | Sony PS4 | Logitech Harmony Elite | Sonos audio | Apple TV Gen 4 | Nvidia Shield Android TV | 5.1 speakers (TMA, Klipsch)
(2014-10-28, 16:22)loekf Wrote: I have an Onkyo TX-NR636 with passthrough enabled in XMBC, so DTS/DD/DD+/TrueHD/DTS-HD/MA are decoded by the Onkyo. AAC and MP3 => PCM are done by
the FireTV itself.
Thanks for the update. I have the same settings and we have similar problems. In my case, I lose sound completely from fire tv. Even after I come out of xbmc, I don't get sound in any of the apps in fire tv. I have to either restart fire tv or switch inputs on the receiver. Is this same for you too?

Could the problem be very specific to xbmc with Onkyo receiver?
No, because I'm seeing this on my Denon, so it's not relegated to just Onkyo.

So, more than likely it's a XBMC/Kodi bug, especially since if I drop back to the OS menu it does output nav. sounds.

If you're looking for a fix though, you'll probably have to wait for a Dev to pick this up and the merge a fix in a nightly.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Just tested with my (very) plain Samsung Home Theater and I don't see (hear) this...
Played DTS and gui sounds are still there. Something with EAC3/DD+ (that I don't have), maybe...
Thanks for your inputs. I have now submitted a formal bug report Ticket #15511. Hope this will be resolved in future builds.
I have the same issue. Running Kodi RC1 on the Amazon Fire TV.
When I play an AAC video after playing a DTS video I have no sound. When I play an AAC video after an AC3/DD5.1 video I do have sound.
I see that my bug ticket is now assigned to Koying. Hopefully we will see a resolution soon Smile.

(2014-12-01, 14:09)kaazvaag Wrote: I have the same issue. Running Kodi RC1 on the Amazon Fire TV.
When I play an AAC video after playing a DTS video I have no sound. When I play an AAC video after an AC3/DD5.1 video I do have sound.
Hi kaazvaag, do you use an AV receiver? If so what is the make and model? Can you also post your audio settings? Just curious to see if there is any pattern for this problem occurring as not all users have it.
(2014-12-03, 13:48)sapstar Wrote: I see that my bug ticket is now assigned to Koying. Hopefully we will see a resolution soon Smile.

(2014-12-01, 14:09)kaazvaag Wrote: I have the same issue. Running Kodi RC1 on the Amazon Fire TV.
Hi kaazvaag, do you use an AV receiver? If so what is the make and model? Can you also post your audio settings? Just curious to see if there is any pattern for this problem occurring as not all users have it.
I use the SPDIF input on an old Pioneer VSX-D511.
DTS --> AAC, no sound, but after switching inputs on the receiver the sound is back.
I have enabled passthrough, AC3 and DTS enabled receiver.
For the record, I've been having the exact same problem on my Onkyo TX-NR626. I've been running this setup since June -- across several XMBC versions.

I also discovered if I toggled the HDMI inputs, I could get it working again. For the long term, I've had to turn off DTS passthrough in order to workaround the issue.

I know this sounds strange, but it was working fine and then one day it stopped and never started working again (made no sense to me). I didn't update anything. My assumption was something had broke on the receiver.
I have a similar issue with my Marantz NR1605 receiver. Whenever I start Kodi the GUI sounds don't play, but after I start a video or play some music the GUI sounds work after I stop the playback.
I'm using WASAPI HDMI for both regular playback and passthrough to the receiver.
Going to toss my hat in the ring here, this has been driving me nuts for quite a while. THANK YOU for identifying this.

My details:
Onkyo 727 Recever
Fire TV Rooted
XBMC 14.2 (Happened in 14.1 as well)

Settings:
# of channels: 5.1
Output config: optimized
Stereo Upmix: Check
Resample: High
Keep Audio Device Alive: Always
Enable Passthrough: Check
AC3 Capable: Check
DTS Capable: Check

Issue:
Previously it appeared that randomly sound would not work. I would have to restart the FireTV to get sound. After reading this thread and testing I can confirm that after playing any DTS audio.

Reproduction:
1) Start a DTS video
2) Confirm receiver shows "DTS"
3) Stop DTS video
4) Navigate in Kodi, notice no GUI sound
5) Start a non-DTS video, notice no video sound
6) Start a DTS video again, notice there is sound

Fixes:
-Reboot FireTV. All sound works now.
-Change HDMI input on Onkyo, change back to Kodi input. All sound works now.

Does not fix:
-Restarting Kodi

Based on this thread I am going to guess/assume this is an Onkyo problem as not a Kodi problem as restarting Kodi does not fix and the fact that changing HDMI input on the Onkyo and back does fix. It's almost as if the Onkyo's are locking DTS in and not resetting when that stream is closed or something. In any case feel free to ask if there is anything further I can provide to help.
Same Problem for me. Even in 15 Beta 2.
To me it sounds like Kodi somehow doesnt tell the receiver to stop listening fpr DTS sound? Actually in my case after playing DTS i can hear any sound that is using passthrough. Also Dolby D. However GUI soumds or Sounds from other FireTV apps like System are not played anymore..
(2015-05-20, 05:03)audial Wrote: Going to toss my hat in the ring here, this has been driving me nuts for quite a while. THANK YOU for identifying this.

My details:
Onkyo 727 Recever
Fire TV Rooted
XBMC 14.2 (Happened in 14.1 as well)

Settings:
# of channels: 5.1
Output config: optimized
Stereo Upmix: Check
Resample: High
Keep Audio Device Alive: Always
Enable Passthrough: Check
AC3 Capable: Check
DTS Capable: Check

Issue:
Previously it appeared that randomly sound would not work. I would have to restart the FireTV to get sound. After reading this thread and testing I can confirm that after playing any DTS audio.

Reproduction:
1) Start a DTS video
2) Confirm receiver shows "DTS"
3) Stop DTS video
4) Navigate in Kodi, notice no GUI sound
5) Start a non-DTS video, notice no video sound
6) Start a DTS video again, notice there is sound

Fixes:
-Reboot FireTV. All sound works now.
-Change HDMI input on Onkyo, change back to Kodi input. All sound works now.

Does not fix:
-Restarting Kodi

Based on this thread I am going to guess/assume this is an Onkyo problem as not a Kodi problem as restarting Kodi does not fix and the fact that changing HDMI input on the Onkyo and back does fix. It's almost as if the Onkyo's are locking DTS in and not resetting when that stream is closed or something. In any case feel free to ask if there is anything further I can provide to help.

I am having a very similar issue running OpenElec with Kodi 15.0-RC2 on an Asus Chromebox via HDMI into a Pioneer SC-1523 AVR. This is a new build for me to experiment with Kodi Isengard. I am still running XBMC Gotham on other hardware into the same AVR without this problem.
One of the things that affects if I get GUI sounds or not is the setting for "Audio: Output confiuration" if "Fixed" is selected I get GUI sounds, if "Optimized" or "Bestmatch" is selected I do not get GUI sounds, also if Optimized" or "Bestmatch" is selected I get no sound from mp3 or AAC files.

Also when "Fixed" is selected I get GUI sounds but all multi-channel audio is sent to the AVR as PCM, as soon as I switch to "Optimized" or "Bestmatch" audio is sent as TrueHD or DTS-HD Master etc. and I lose GUI sounds.

Sorry I don't have a solution but maybe this helps narrow down the problem,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No navigation sounds after DTS playback on Amazon Fire TV0