i see a lot of topic from guy and girls?? screwing up their xbox because of the ne shortcut method.
wel here is the most simple guide:
1. download xbe shortcut maker
2. start it up :nuts:
3. now log into your xbox using ftp and go to the folder where you xbmc is installed. for example /f/apps/xbmc/
4. now fill in the xbe shortcut maker this adres in by "taget path" for exampe f:\apps\xbmc\default.xbe
5. save the shortcut.
6. wel you now have a working shortcut to your xbmc, but you first want to try if it works well. just start up any operating program but xbmc and start up the shortcut you just made (just ftp it in an unused direwctory for trying)
if this works you are almost finisched.
7. go to your c: drive and find the executing file. for example evoxdash.xbe. (but this varies on you setup). and make a backup of this file on your pc in case you do something stupid.
8. now rename you just made shortcut to the same name as the executing file. for example evoxdash.xbe.
9. no replace the original executing file (in this case evoxdach.xbe for the shortcut you just renamed.
10. whoilla now you have a working xbox witch boots up with xbmc!!!!~
i hope it is all clear for everybody now,
greetz and good luck
How to make a shortcut in 10 easy steps!
Joined: Jun 2006
2006-06-29 15:57 Post: #1