Nexus 9 android 5, tegra 64-bit
Seems exactly what we are experiencing indeed... Thanks
Ha - google screwed it up badly...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-11-18, 10:02)Memphiz Wrote: Ha - google screwed it up badly...

I will put it on our list Smile
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Well, most probably an Nvidia issue, really.
I very much doubt Google or even HTC created the arm32 stubs...
Then google missed to suggest (or force!) a proper compatiblity path for 32bit NDK apps on 64bit cores? Is this up to the soc manufacturer now? (which would increase the biodiversity even more).

Hell this android world is so messed up because of the dozens of HW differences and now it will increase even more because of 64bit arms are hitting the devices.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Hehe... Even more fun when the SoC, the OS and the hardware are done by different parties Smile

Just saying that it's probably technically an Nvidia bug. Who's accountable I don't care, but probably Google indeed, as they are selling the N9.
Re this specific issue, producing an arm64 build apparently solves the problem. Whether we want to add an Android aarch64 build just for the N9 is another story.

Time permitting, I'll produce a (blind) aarch64 test build.
Well if somehow possible we should try to get it running without adding the 64bit arch at the end. But fine for testing for sure. Lets see if someone notices the bug and releases fixed libs.
someone tracked it down to being a type conversion issue: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26937...ernal-dirs
@Memphiz Isn't OSX or iOS already using the depends in 64bits?
If so, I don't quite see why we didn't have a truncation issue there...
I made a quick, untested patch.
Mind testing http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/andr...bi-v7a.apk , please
@Koying I have just installed your this build, it seems working very well. But also I have updated my nexus 9 to build version LRX21R before installing.
Confirmed working on LRX21L. Thanks.
@nospamjl or @gdhillon Could you try with a previous test build to see whether it's the patch or the new firmware that solved it, please Wink
Hi koying. Actually I'm still on the old firmware so its definetly your patched copy of kodi. (Note just double checked and yes the previous release still crashes)

(I see bug now tracked by google employee. )
(2014-11-19, 14:07)Koying Wrote: @Memphiz Isn't OSX or iOS already using the depends in 64bits?
If so, I don't quite see why we didn't have a truncation issue there...

OSX64 is using 64bit built dependencies. ios uses 32bit built dependencies and runs on 32bit arm and 64bit ios versions. No issues in that region so far. Maybe its working by accident for darwin then?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nexus 9 android 5, tegra 64-bit0