• 10(current)
[CLOSED] OneDrive (SkyDrive) Video/Music add-on for XBMC / Kodi
(2015-08-07, 18:47)deceptijon Wrote:
(2015-08-07, 15:57)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2015-08-07, 07:43)deceptijon Wrote: Awesome! Works great now! My only question now would be whether or not it's possible to make the STRM files exclude the original file format (i.e. MKV, MP4, M4V, etc.). For me, having those in the STRM filename messed with Kodi's ability to import and scrape the file into the library.

Other than that tiny nitpick, this plugin is amazing. Thanks!

I've never seen the file extension matter when importing. Earlier versions were more picky about directory layout (having TV Series in a Season X format, which was addressed with the Movie and TV parameters in the plugin, but newer KODI doesn't have this issue). I'll look at providing the option to strip the extension.

Hmm, interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if it was something I'm doing wrong on my end. But might be worth looking into if anyone else encounters the same problem.

Unrelated and (possibly) dumb question: How does this plugin work with music? I've moved on to my music collection after getting the movies sorted out and I know you can access and play your music collection through the plugin, but I can't seem to figure out how to add my music folder on OneDrive as an actual source in Kodi (so it can scrape artist/album info). Is this possible in the plugin's current state?

Music STRMs are broken in KODI. They are not importable into the KODI library. You can playback the files, etc, but KODI won't scrape them. There has been a lot of discussion on the forums, and I haven't dug into the discussion, so I don't know what ideas have been attempted to work around this.

One thing I will be attempting is seeing if KODI will import the media if info is supplied to it using XML. From what I read, other attempts like using EXT tags doesn't help.
(2015-08-07, 18:47)deceptijon Wrote:
(2015-08-07, 15:57)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2015-08-07, 07:43)deceptijon Wrote: Awesome! Works great now! My only question now would be whether or not it's possible to make the STRM files exclude the original file format (i.e. MKV, MP4, M4V, etc.). For me, having those in the STRM filename messed with Kodi's ability to import and scrape the file into the library.

Other than that tiny nitpick, this plugin is amazing. Thanks!

I've never seen the file extension matter when importing. Earlier versions were more picky about directory layout (having TV Series in a Season X format, which was addressed with the Movie and TV parameters in the plugin, but newer KODI doesn't have this issue). I'll look at providing the option to strip the extension.

Hmm, interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if it was something I'm doing wrong on my end. But might be worth looking into if anyone else encounters the same problem.

Unrelated and (possibly) dumb question: How does this plugin work with music? I've moved on to my music collection after getting the movies sorted out and I know you can access and play your music collection through the plugin, but I can't seem to figure out how to add my music folder on OneDrive as an actual source in Kodi (so it can scrape artist/album info). Is this possible in the plugin's current state?

If you have time, once I work on this in next week or two, I'll need someone to test. My idea is that when I create STRM files, I could generate export data files, and if KODI reads these files during the import process, the music will be imported. There is a chance KODI ignores this data, in that case, it would be a bug in KODI, because that's the whole point of an export and import. http://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Music
(2015-08-07, 20:39)dmdsoftware Wrote: If you have time, once I work on this in next week or two, I'll need someone to test. My idea is that when I create STRM files, I could generate export data files, and if KODI reads these files during the import process, the music will be imported. There is a chance KODI ignores this data, in that case, it would be a bug in KODI, because that's the whole point of an export and import. http://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Music

I'd be happy to help test that. Just let me know what I can do specifically once you're at that point. I'll keep my eyes on this thread in case there are any new developments.
I really wanted to get rid of these duplicate entries in the database that occur from jpg and nfo files that get created while doing a stream creation.
Most of you probably already know about this but this is what I did to correct the issue.

Create an advancedsettings.xml in your userdata folder and include the following and restart Kodi.
I had to remove the folder from the library and re-add it to get rid of those listings completely.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
<excludefromscan>
<regexp>.nfo.strm</regexp>
<regexp>.jpg.strm</regexp>
<regexp>.xml.strm</regexp>
<regexp>.db.strm</regexp>
</excludefromscan>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

If you have other files in your movie folders then just add them and restart your Kodi.
dmdsoftware,

how are you? I'm back!
When will bear the addon for isengard?
This addon is working great! The onedrive access seems to be solid and stable and allowing generation of .strm files to incorporate the onedrive files with the library is awesome!

Though, I do have a few suggestions for the addon (I'm using the non-testing add-on on the latest openelec (5.0.8));
- subtitles in the form of .srt files are not recognised for me and need to be downloaded using the external subtitle downloader. And when they are downloaded, they are not saved for future playback. (though, I need to check whether internal subtitles in the mp4 files are recognised)
- the addon does not detect when a new account is added and this new account then conflicts with the token present in the settings.xml

An example of the second issue was that after configuring the onedrive plugin, I changed my account to two-factor authorisation, which ended up denying me access to my onedrive on kodi. When I then configured a new account in the google SSL script, I still got errors. I was finally able to fix it by removing the existing settings.xml and found that the existing token in this file was causing issues instead of activating my newly created account credentials.
(2015-08-26, 10:44)Memesa Wrote: This addon is working great! The onedrive access seems to be solid and stable and allowing generation of .strm files to incorporate the onedrive files with the library is awesome!

Though, I do have a few suggestions for the addon (I'm using the non-testing add-on on the latest openelec (5.0.8));
- subtitles in the form of .srt files are not recognised for me and need to be downloaded using the external subtitle downloader. And when they are downloaded, they are not saved for future playback. (though, I need to check whether internal subtitles in the mp4 files are recognised)
- the addon does not detect when a new account is added and this new account then conflicts with the token present in the settings.xml

An example of the second issue was that after configuring the onedrive plugin, I changed my account to two-factor authorisation, which ended up denying me access to my onedrive on kodi. When I then configured a new account in the google SSL script, I still got errors. I was finally able to fix it by removing the existing settings.xml and found that the existing token in this file was causing issues instead of activating my newly created account credentials.

SRT code is in the testing branch.

I'll be adding a right-click and delete option like I have in the Google Drive plugin. I'll also add logic to clear the passcode once a token is activated so that if a user manually changes the account (without deleting it from the plugin), it will interpret the change in passcode from blank to non-blank as instruction to fetch a new token with the credentials provided.
@ Memesa were did you find settings.xml with existing token to remove
(2015-08-27, 04:40)old_school Wrote: @ Memesa were did you find settings.xml with existing token to remove

You can find it in the addon data folder. It's in the location: userdata / addon_data / plugin.video.onedrive. I've just renamed the folder to plugin.old which basically resets the plugin, and causes the plugin to reset to defaults. Possibly the "default" setting in the menu also does the same but I've not tested this. Obviously you can also modify individual items in the settings.xml file.
SRT code is in the testing branch.
So if I install the testing repository, it supposedly should load them?
Thanks
(2015-10-12, 13:52)gilweb Wrote: SRT code is in the testing branch.
So if I install the testing repository, it supposedly should load them?
Thanks

correct
Hi All,

I seem to be having problems when I start using the OneDrive extension. Unless I navigate also get error unable to play media. When I check the log it says URL not found. This all worked in the past but I'm not sure what broke it, the version of Kodi or the extension. I also note that after about an hour nothing plays and I have to go and browse the directory again.

It's like the token is forgotten and I have to re-authenticate

Anyone else have this problem?
(2015-10-15, 04:25)GuyFromOz Wrote: Hi All,

I seem to be having problems when I start using the OneDrive extension. Unless I navigate also get error unable to play media. When I check the log it says URL not found. This all worked in the past but I'm not sure what broke it, the version of Kodi or the extension. I also note that after about an hour nothing plays and I have to go and browse the directory again.

It's like the token is forgotten and I have to re-authenticate

Anyone else have this problem?

I'll check it out. Are you using the -testing version?
Nope. Latest Version. Running Kodi 15.1. Just tried it again and I can't start playing anything until I navigate in the browser. Do you want me to send you log file?
14:34:49 T:18088 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
Error Contents: 'NoneType' object is not iterable
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\{user}\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.onedrive\default.py", line 1057, in <module>
(mediaURLs,package) = service.getPlaybackCall(package=package.package(mediaFile,mediaFolder))
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable
-->End of Python script error report<--
14:34:50 T:13368 ERROR: onedrive: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] OneDrive (SkyDrive) Video/Music add-on for XBMC / Kodi2