Can Kodi & Gotham co-exist on the same device?
I renamed my Gotham install to protect from a Kodi overwrite, but it looks like they can co-exisist without renaming. I prefer a clean install, and re-adding the library and custom utilities, saves me the back-up and easy to spot issues.

Anyone?
Not sure I understand what you are asking? I have Frodo, Gotham and Helix all running on the same machine in portable mode, allows me to easily switch for regression testing.
I guess that more or less answer it, I'm wondering if both programs use anything in common that might interfere with each (noting the install, knew about my previous XBMC install, even after an arbitrary rename) and then going one step further; could Kodi & XBMC multi-task, considering the path and name is slightly different. Of course I guess I could just TRY IT, but didn't want to scramble the works.

Gives thoughts and possibilities to new conventions.
On windows running in portable mode I have many different versions installed. Here is Kodi Helix B1 and XBMC Gotham 13.2 running windowed side-by-side (using DirectSound audio path):

scott s.
Now that is a real back-up!

Many thanks for that, I was a bit concerned something internally might be shared and screw up one or the other.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can Kodi & Gotham co-exist on the same device?0