General problem with displaying video
I have just upgraded my living room PC with new hardware (more memory, Xeon processor with nVidia Quadro FX 4800 graphics etc.). My old PC was too slow to play some videos properly (Old AMD Athlon X2)
Although with the old PC the XBMC was working like a charm. I had Windows 8.1 installed on this old PC. I had so much frustration with the Metro, so I decided to give up on Win8 and downgraded to Windows 7. I have had Windows 7 installed to this very same old PC earlier and it was working well with XBMC.

But now with the new setup I am facing a great difficulties with XBMC.
The main problem is with automatic refresh rate. If I set the "Adjust display refresh rate to match the video" I either get no picture at all (the desktop shows up), or the frame rate drops down to about 2 fps. In this mode I can see there is actually no dropped frames. Only the display output is somehow slow.
This can be fixed by turning the Full Screen mode to a windowed mode. This could be ok, but for some reason the XBMC window looses focus and the taskbar shows up. When operating the system with IR remote control, the remote control also looses it's focus and the system goes in uncontrollable state. In this point I have to dig the classic keyboard to gain access.

Unchecking the option "Adjust display refresh rate to match the video" is not a nice solution, because it's really affecting to the playback quality.

I've tried to do everything. I have re-installed all nVidia drivers, I even cleaned up the whole system with 3rd party software to ensure the cleanest possible installation.
The problem still remains.

I even tried to fix this problem by installing Kodi. Didn't help.

Any idea?
Turn this off "Adjust display refresh rate to match the video" if you've got various video formats, it's not likely that pal or some other oddball will play. You really want to be in full screen, which should give Kodi priority. Some task is taking away your focus.... Something like task manager or Process Explorer will help finding out what is popping up.

re:
Quote:Unchecking the option "Adjust display refresh rate to match the video" is not a nice solution, because it's really affecting to the playback quality.
I don't see this on the systems I've played with. Something is not right with your gfx set-up, make sure the res in system settings matches your display specs. The fact that you have tried Kodi with an entirely new graphic engine, points back at your gfx set-up. You should be able to at least get desktop quality out of full screen. Try some of the default settings (basic mode) or delete guisettings.xml in your roaming userdata folder.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
General problem with displaying video0