Blu-Ray ISO choppy playback
I've made an iso of my copy of WALL-E with DVDFab. I mount this with daemon tools and open the file Index.bdmv in xbmc and choose a playlist. It runs the video however at specific points of the film it will be really jerky and drop frames. Ive tested the read speed of the file on the hard drive its at 85mb/s so its not that. The thing is, if I go into the stream folder of the blu-ray and find the video (.m2ts) for that specific part of the film, it runs it smoothly. Im testing this on a high powered rig aswell so I dont think its a hardware issue. I know blu-ray playback is buggy on xbmc but it just seems strange that its only jerky when its playing the m2ts streams in a playlist (i.e. playing the whole film)
Any suggestions?
Thanks
stop using deamon tools...
xbmc/kodi should be able to play the ISO directly (main movie)
Ryzen5 2400g @gigabyte AorusM
Marantz AV7702/MM8003 Combo
Philips 55PFL8007k/12
Sony VW-270ES
(2014-11-13, 19:58)bimme Wrote: stop using deamon tools...
xbmc/kodi should be able to play the ISO directly (main movie)

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately it didn't work. Same problem. I forgot I had PowerDVD so tried that and even with the iso loaded through Daemon Tools it plays it perfectly. I would prefer to use XBMC though has all the features i like such as custom video zoom. This seems then to be an XBMC issue right?
Blu-ray ISO playback works fine with Kodi. I have used DVDFab to back up my purchased Blu-ray library to ISO format, and watch the ISOs without an issue. Perhaps you should post a debug log so we can see what is happening with your setup.
(2014-11-13, 22:13)derekjason Wrote: Blu-ray ISO playback works fine with Kodi. I have used DVDFab to back up my purchased Blu-ray library to ISO format, and watch the ISOs without an issue. Perhaps you should post a debug log so we can see what is happening with your setup.

Since you mentioned kodi I thought I would try the beta rather than the latest stable xbmc. It works! So I thought well maybe its because ive got default settings (i didnt move over my appdata settings) on kodi. So I renamed my XBMC appdata effectively resetting my xbmc settings to default (confirmed by it saying first time run etc) and it still had the same problem. So either 1 of 2 things, it is a bug with the latest xbmc release but the new version (kodi) fixes it. Or the default settings of the beta are more compatible with my system than latest stable therefore plays fine "out of the box". I dont usually do betas wait for full release, but in this case ill use kodi...btw is there a timeframe on the final?
Thanks for the help Nod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Blu-Ray ISO choppy playback0