XBMC With external storage - will it work?
Hello
I have only 16 Gb on my iPad mini storage.
My iPad is jailbroken and i installed the XBMC on it for watching movies on the go.
Because i don't have much storage i'm looking for a solution.
I found out that i can use external storage with the iPad in varies ways but my question is : will the XBMC see it?
Look here : this is the iStick - it's looking like great solution
Or maybe something like this (wireless solution ) : FileHub

Hope someone have an experience with that.
Many thanks
Both will work. The file path for the lightning adapter one is mentioned in the iOS FAQ (wiki) under the note for the camera connector kit (which is the same method that your link uses).

It might be cheapest to just get a normal camera connector for SD card, and then get a nice big SD card for it.
thanks - great idea but i see its only 30 pins and not for the iPad mini lightning connector.
is there any solution for this iPad ?

also is there any recommended SD card ? will i need a faster one for mkv files?

thanks
The original Camera Kit for the iPad from Apple includes both a USB and an SD card adapter. I've used a large variety of SD cards to play files this way and never had a problem with any of them being fast enough to play any video smoothly. There were some 3rd party adapters available as well, but many folks had problems with those.

Here's a link to Apple's 30-pin:
http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC531Z...ection-kit

And here's the link to the lightning sd card adapter:
http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD822Z...era-reader
(2014-11-14, 10:36)james341 Wrote: thanks - great idea but i see its only 30 pins and not for the iPad mini lightning connector.
is there any solution for this iPad ?

also is there any recommended SD card ? will i need a faster one for mkv files?

thanks

Yeah, they should have a lightning SD adapter. I use a lightning USB adapter which works much in the same way, but with USB drives. It normally gives me fits about USB drives, since it can't provide enough power for most of them, so the lightning SD adapter would probably work better.

I don't think you really need a fast SD card for movie playback. Most cards have pretty good read speed that is higher than their write speed, anyways. Class 4/6 should be fine, I'd think.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC With external storage - will it work?0