Bug Yamaha BD-A1020 and BD-S473 takes forever to start playing most movie formats
Sad 
I own two Yamaha Blu-Ray players: BD-A1020 and BD-S473. Both players since the first firmware up to the latest firmware takes extremely long to start playing most of my movies on the network hard drive, also MP4 and AVI movies tend to freeze the player if it finishes the first movie or clip and continues to the next file on the list. I am not sure if it is a bug in Kodi or my PC but universal media server does not have the same issues as Kodi also from the same machine. I don't like UMS as it tends to not respond quite often and the functionality of Kodi feels more supurb. any idea on how to improve on this issue? All formats that I stream to the players are in the same format as what the player can play, mostly MKV and MP4.
Do I understand correctly? You´re asking about a problem you have with your Yamaha BR-Players which don´t play a file from your network HDD? In which way is this a bug which is related to Kodi?
I have no idea, all I know is that all other media server applications that I have tried plays all formats supported by the Yamaha instantly. Since I tried Kodi some movies plays after about 30 to 80 seconds, some have took about 2 minutes to start. After the movie start playing all other functions of Kodi performs excellent except if I skip chapters. I have also contacted Yamaha, they gave me update software and no changes have been observed. I have tried the player with UMS, Plex, All Media server, Home media center, Windows Media Player, KooRaMoo Media center, LXiMedia center, Mezzmo and Serviio. All plays instantly, but does not perform great when fast forwarding in movies, some only play with no Fast Forward, some also while browsing just stops responding and start a fresh from menu one. Kodi is the most stable for my application, except for the time to start playing some movies.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yamaha BD-A1020 and BD-S473 takes forever to start playing most movie formats0