Using multiple paths in one bookmark
you are very correct
I had asked about a similar "feature" awhile back, only in relation to programs, so that i could choose which programs showed up and which ones didn't. some programs just shouldn't have open access, period...but they still need to be in certain places, because of how the program is coded.

the most prime example i have of this is Krayzie's Extras and the GenTooX version of XMugen. That XMugen requires that it exist in either the Games folder or the Emulators folder of E, F, or G...however the program technically isn't a real Game, and it isn't an Emulator either.....its more of a Simulator, like StepMania or Beats of Rage.

If i allow XBMC to scan the source, and i have MOST of my emulators on E:\Emulators, but 2 in F:\Emulators, and i have XMugen installed as well, i run into a problem with the Source....I have to have F:\Emulators show up, no matter what....but i do NOT want F:\Emulators\XMugen to be displayed there, as it doesn't belong there and becomes confusing.....so i create another Source called Simulators, and in there i put F:\Simulators as the source....allowing StepMania and Beats of Rage to show without problems.

but....i can't make XMugen show up in here properly, from what i can tell....and the way things are right now, i can't make XMugen hidden from the Emulators section.

although the development on emulation for the xbox is slowly dying, the best/easiest way for people to add new Apps or Emulators to their system is to have it automated for them when they place the new program in the proper container folder....otherwise, i'd just fix this by using every single emulator's personal folder as part of the source.

Krayzie's Extras is the other major issue right now, for me anyway....i used to also include AvaLaunch and Evox into the Apps folder, but because XBMC had no way for me to edit what was shown in the Apps folder, i pretty much found myself forced to remove the Programs section....it simply wasn't safe for everyone.

Since then, i have simply removed those programs, but i'd love for the day to come when i won't HAVE to....i can simply choose to have individual programs or folders not be displayed on certain menus. I love the way UX does this, but since there hasn't been a new build of that in over a year, i've been thinking more and more about switch to XBMC

The virtual folder issue strikes back....i've got TV Shows located across several COMPUTERS, not just different hard drives....different seasons of the same show appear in different places. I'd love to be able to have a bit more control over how the media, movies, music, and Xbox Apps/emulators appear. I'd also like to be able to integrate several different people's music collections into a single music library, with all the music from certain bands/folders that match to be integrated into each other without multiple copies of the same folder.

I know that the full concept was shot down last year when i asked, but now that there are other issues emerging that could be fixed with this sort of a solution implemented, i thought i'd try to ask for it again. I expect that the over all idea will be turned down again, but one can always hope.....just as i really have no clue as to how hard it will be to put such a feature in, i wonder if you guys know how helpful it could be.

Anyway, thanx for looking into this, and as always, great work
This thread seems to be about the same feature I asked about in this thread.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=25225

Any updates on the work? kraqh3d doesn't seem to have logged in for quite some time now. Sad
See that post for more info.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using multiple paths in one bookmark0