OS X Video stops playing and KODI crashes
Hello to all,

SInce KODI beta, videos (all sort of kind) stops playing at random times. Mostly resulting in a global system crash, sometimes just KODI crash.
When the video stops playing, the subtitles go on for a while. When I press any button on that moment, the system crashes.
Like I said, mostly I have to do a system reboot with the power button. On a rare occasion I can force quit KODI in OSX.

Two debug logs resulting in the same problem: system crash

http://pastebin.com/u5UMFi1s
http://pastebin.com/tQCivQBY

System specs in signature and log-file. If more info is needed, just let me know.
Windows 10 Pro (64bit), Kodi v19.1 "Matrix"
Intel NUC8i3BEH (Samsung 970 Evo, G. Skill Ripjaws 8GB)
Samsung UE49KS7000, Logitech Harmony remote 350
AudioEngine D1, Synology DS218j NAS (SMB protocol)
post the crashreport aswell please
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
does it only happen with files from samba? (try local playback too please)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
I have the same problem, the videos play well in the early going when arriving in the middle of the film, begins buffer almost all the time!

I'm also using a NAS with windows server 2003.
I observe that the Yosemite, this trouble with wifi.

But because only after noon that begins buffer?
Yeah Just ignore my already Asked questions...
To answer your questions:

- In my case there is no crash report. The video just freezes and I can't do anything anymore. If I force stop KODI or restart my Mac, no crash report is shown.

- I play all my content through SMB. I have a NAS connected to my router. My mac mini is also cable-connected to that router.

I will try these thing in the near future (didn't find the time yet, sorry)
1) disable my advancedsettingsfile
I'v had several buffering issues in Gotham and with the advancedsettings-file came the solution
2) play content that is on the hard drive of the mac (local files)
I never have done this before (I've always played my content through SMB since Dharma)
3) mount my network folder as suggested in: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1756994
Ok waiting for your Results - fyi for the terminology Crash means the Software is closed afterwards what you experience is called "freeze" or "deadlock" Wink (there is no crashreport for the latter sadly)
Memphiz, thanks for the intel. I will try to use the terms in the right manner now :-)

Yesterday I tried step 1: disabling the advancedsettingsfile. I deleted the file from the userdata folder and see how that went:
It's definitely a buffering issue again!

The video now freezes once in a while, the subtitles keep going, BUT now after 3 seconds or so the video set it selves to pause, start buffering and plays again in a correct way. That happened three times on a 45min TV-series.

I made a log file. The described problem happened at 20:51:40 T:4546641920
http://pastebin.com/QxupC4rE

Tonight I will try step 2: play videos with the following advancedsettings file:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<loglevel hide="true">1</loglevel>
<network>
  <cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize>
  <buffermode>1</buffermode>
  <readbufferfactor>10.0</readbufferfactor>
</network>
<samba>
  <statfiles>false</statfiles>
</samba>
</advancedsettings>

in essence: cashing on the hard drive
If I'm correct the previous versions of XBMC (Frodo and Eden?) use to do this standard. I had no buffering issues back then.

The next step will be testing local files
Yesterday I tried to mount the server first, then ran the same film I had no problems ..

I am still in helix beta 2
Hi, I'm having the same problem with Kodi 14. Video reproduction freezes randomly.
Has anyone found a solution?
I had the same Problem with Helix. Not after every video but sometimes. And sometimes during Playback...
I used a clean Installation without Adons, just Aeon Nox and Yahoo Weather.
But today I upgraded to V15 and after few Hours watching tv shows I get no Crash for now. Maybe the new Alpha is better for me and you too Wink

Cheers
I have same situation here on Kodi 14 , Kodiubuntu on my NUC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video stops playing and KODI crashes0