Andriod question
I just purchased a Satellite STB with Android (Vigica Android 4.2.2 Tv BOX C70t Hd Hdmi Dvb-t2 Tv Receiver Amlogic Aml8726-mx 1g 4g Dual Core ) Love the box it has google play store on it.

The problem Im having it has XBMC Gotham 13.1 and its missing the Time zone settings so I tried to install 13.2 but it wont because of 13.1 already on it so Im asking Do I have to remove 13.1 first to install 13.2 BUT im worried once I uninstall 13.1 and 13.2 will not load or work Or is it standard procedure and not to worry ?
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
WD MyCloud 24TB over Netgear network | 6500 movies and 40,000+ TV Show episodes
How are you installing it?

If using ADB you will need to use the -r switch

Code:
adb install -r xbmc-13-2.apk

If you just downloaded the apk file on the device, you can just install it normally and it will upgrade xbmc

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_XBM...oid#Update
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
Just an FYI, XBMC/Kodi for Android doesn't have a Time zone setting. It takes the Time Zone from whatever is set in Android.
(2014-11-19, 02:30)lrusak Wrote: How are you installing it?

If using ADB you will need to use the -r switch

Code:
adb install -r xbmc-13-2.apk

If you just downloaded the apk file on the device, you can just install it normally and it will upgrade xbmc

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_XBM...oid#Update

I downloaded it to Ext harddrive then used a program app on the android called appinstaller

So I guess it has to be deleted first before I upgrade oh well It will have to wait I just ordered 3 more boxes and will wait. So If I screw up the box I will have 3 more back ups ! Smile Thanks for leading me in the right direction !

P.S. Its kinda of funny how 13.1 on this box has the date stuck at Fri 2 Jan1970
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
if you can't install 13.2 on top of 13.1 it means you have a non-official version and you will receive no help from us as we won't know what happened to the code
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-11-19, 20:12)Martijn Wrote: if you can't install 13.2 on top of 13.1 it means you have a non-official version and you will receive no help from us as we won't know what happened to the code

How can I tell if it has been tampered with ?
Ok I just experimented I downloaded a weather apk used the installer and it went in fine ! The date and time on the weather screen is Fri 2 Jan1970 so that tells me 13.1 is working fine and its getting the date and time from Android Smile So XBMC is fine Smile Now I just got to figure out how to get into the system to change it !
(2014-11-19, 20:49)Rickt1962 Wrote:
(2014-11-19, 20:12)Martijn Wrote: if you can't install 13.2 on top of 13.1 it means you have a non-official version and you will receive no help from us as we won't know what happened to the code

How can I tell if it has been tampered with ?

If you cannot install an official Kodi/xbmc over the one you have, it means the old one was tampered, or that it was baked into the firmware.
Update I have couple of the boxes and updated one to 13.2 and the other to Kodi and no problems ! The only thing I see is XBMC/Kodi it has a hard time when you scan in all the MOVIES/ TV Shows from a WD Cloud smb it misses a lot Sad When you set the scanning to Local Information only after that scan you have to go in and change the scrarper to pick up the rest. Very frustrating

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Andriod question0