Win Can't overwrite files in my userdata folder
Hi everyone! So I have some .m3u playlist files that I keep in the below folder within XBMC:
C:\Users\<Name>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\playlists\music

These are generated from my music playlists in MediaMonkey (what I use to organize and play my music on my computer). I'm able to successfully load the playlists inside XBMC once I've manually placed the .m3u files in that folder. However, I'm trying to get a more automatic approach set up.

With MediaMonkey, there is the following addon: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtop...=2&t=34512

This addon allows for auto-exporting of .m3u playlists, and it works great when I point it to a folder on my desktop. However, when I point it to the userdata folder location I mentioned above, it will no longer properly overwrite the .m3u files. If I manually delete the .m3u files first, then the auto-export will properly write the new .m3u files into the userdata folder. It just can't seem to do an overwrite function when the file already exists in the userdata folder.

Is it possible there is some sort of permissions issue with overwriting in the userdata folder? Any suggestions on how to get the auto-overwrite to work inside there? Like I said, it works on other folders on my desktop, so I imagine it's an issue with the userdata file path. Also, I am running Windows 8.1 Any help is appreciated!
Why do you keep your playlists in the userdata folder?
I was under the impression that was where XBMC wanted them to be?

The below folder already existed:
C:\Users\<Name>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\playlists\music

I didn't create those folders inside userdata. I figured that was the place XBMC would naturally search for playlist files, so that's where I put the .m3u files. Is that not where we're supposed to keep them?
that is the place to keep them
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-11-19, 17:15)Martijn Wrote: that is the place to keep them

Good to hear I have that part correct, at least. Smile

Would you have any insight into why the overwrite isn't working in this folder path? Does XBMC do something to protect files in there? Or could it be a Windows permissions setting?
Anyone have an idea?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't overwrite files in my userdata folder0