[REQUEST] Help to update the MSNX (Microsoft Messenger) script?
Question 
hello python devs, a half year ago diaqdave (great coder), coded up msnx. this python msn client for xbmc is completely working. i mailed diaqdave for some bugs. he told me not to complete msnx and said maybe some other will do. so my question is, are there some volunteers to finish this script.

some things to fix are:
- it runs in background, but cant run in background when booting xbmc;
- popupsystem needs fade/slide and sounds;
- finishing of theme support or remove it;
- finishing of the skin;
- some little issues.

screenshots:

main window

popup

sollie.

ps: i will thank diaqdave for all his work, lets give him all the credits.

thanks couldnt have done it without the msn lib looking back theres probly alot betterway todo what i done, alot better lol
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
yes msnx rules!! :kickass:

wish i could help....come on, anyone!?
I've taken alook at my code and cleaned it up abit. I've completly removed the gui at the mo, that way i can work on autostart/login. Only thing is i have no way to do this at work since the sites are blocked, does anyone no away round this? Or a way of testing this or simulating a msn messenger server.

David
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
Thanks for looking into it diaq, but i dont know where you are looking for. Can you explain a bit more.

Sollie.
Is this script still alive?? I can't find it anywhere,.. Would love to be able to use msn on my xbox!

If it is dead is there anyone out there willing to pick it up? would be great if it was available- it's pretty much the only thing xbmc doesn't do that I want!

Thanx!
Did you read all, lol Big Grin

Coz in my first post in this topic i added a link.

Greetz,

Sollie.
Smile 
Confused Sorry- didn't see it!

Thanks!
I have tryed it, but could not get it to launch.
Could someone explain what I must do to get it to launch? Maybe Im just plain stupid.. Eek

I have the msnx/subfolders in q:/scripts like the rest of my scripts, and I have filled out settingsmrg.xml. Have also tryed copyig the files in the modules folder to phyton modules folder, but no luck.
You can change settings from script ui.

No need to use notepad.

Sollie.
is anyone still interested in this?
I'm sure at least some of us are interested !

I'm not really sure it is very usefull if we don't use a keyboard, but I think it is always a good idea to make something new working.
With your script, we can get a starting point to create for example a msn bot or anything else.
We could use it to synchronise some inline gamers as some new scripts are for gaming...

Whatever, I'm sure someone want it !
I am still waiting. I love it and i use a keyboard.

Sollie.
i love this script and probably the most used script on by xbmc and probably theres thousands of other users who arent members of this forum who also use this...............
Xbox Version: 1.0
Mod Type: Hardmod (Chip)
Modchip: Xecuter 2.6 CE
Bios: X2 5035
Dash: XBMC/EvoX/UnleashX
I have updated the libraries msnx uses to connect to the MSN.
But the whole app locks up somewhere (and I can't seem to find where :/)

I was hoping one of the more python knowledged peope out here knows how to fix it (shouldn't take more than an hour for someone who uses python frequently)

It must be something small, but I can't seem to find it.

Original Sourc:

http://rapidshare.com/files/74909545/msnx.rar

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Help to update the MSNX (Microsoft Messenger) script?0