Help with scripts for a custom GUI
Hi, I'm creating a script to parse the ipod music and videos, I have some questions about the creation of the GUI, I want to emulate the interfaz of the ipod so, can I change the view of a listcontrol to coverflow with a simple method? Can I extract the artwork of the media files (mp3, aac, mp4, etc) like png or another format that can I use on the listcontrol?

thanks for any help can give me.
Why not do it as a plugin? I presume you're writing some python code to interface with your ipod, and read the db off it.

If so, I presume your ipod files are available to the general filesystem of the computer, so just fill in where the files are and let XBMC fill in the music tags for you might be an option (not sure if the tag parser or thumb extractor is run on plugin folders though).

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Yes I not have trouble in read the DB, I have it read it and I have the location on the files (music and video), I going to try write a plugin with that, thanks.
Sounds neat Smile
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

I'm creating my IPod plugin and I not have problem with the extraction of the artwork when the list of the songs is displayed, but what can I use to extract the artwork for a folder, for example the album folder?

Thanks.
It depends where the artwork is located on the ipod. If it's in the files themselves (i.e. embedded) and you're using XBMC to read the tags (maybe only if you aren't setting the tags yourself?) then it should find the thumbs and cache them for the album and the folder.

If you're setting the thumbs for items yourself, then you'll probably have to set the URL of the thumbnail to wherever the thumb is located on the ipod filesystem.

Perhaps you could give an overview of how you're retrieving the thumbs and tag information off the ipod in the first place?

Cheers,
Jonathan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with scripts for a custom GUI0