Linux XBMC 13.2 Crashing
Hi I have a Zoltac Mag with the following configuration:

Ubuntu 14.04 64 Bit
ION Atom 330 4Gig Ram
Nvidia 340.58 Video Driver

I think something updated on my system somewhere because when I play a stream the program crashes with the following error:

ClinuxRendererGL::UploadVAAPITexture - failed to copy surface to glx 2-resource allocation failed

I have tried the following - set VAPPI to false in the guisettings.xml - same result

Uninstalled Nvida drivers - No crash. Reinstalled Nvidia crash.

Not sure where else to look as it was working fine last week. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Log file http://pastebin.com/XJ8dhKVn

Tim
Video -> Acceleration (Expert settings): Turn off VAAPI - you have wrapper installed.

Quote:18:35:40 T:140281133254592 ERROR: CLinuxRendererGL::UploadVAAPITexture - failed to copy surface to glx 2 - resource allocation failed

VAAPI is not disabled. Alternatively you can remove the nonsense wrapper driver.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks! I never realized there were advanced settings option. I knew of the workaround, but could not figure out how to disable.

Can you tell me more about the "nonsense wrapper driver" Is that a better way to fix this issue?
Something on your system tells us that it emulates VAAPI via vdpau. Some vdpau-vaapi-driver that is installed which fails heavily.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 13.2 Crashing0