Mod [MOD] reFocus for Helix
I've made a version of the home menu that's more like the original reFocus.

here's a link to the files and the background I use if anyone interested.
reFocusHome.zip

I didn't manage to add the overlay that is used to show which item that is selected and included the image file if anyone wants to give it a try.
Hello. I wanted to install it on 14 rc2 does not work, simply does not want to install, Dependencies not met
(2014-12-08, 17:46)ebot2007 Wrote: Hello. I wanted to install it on 14 rc2 does not work, simply does not want to install, Dependencies not met
Do you have the latest versions of the required scripts installed? You can also try just extracting the zip to your Addons folder.
Thank you for your reply
what scripts? last update is ..
So unpacked and copy the addons on hdd. he appeared skin but I do not see the menu. is simply blank
(2014-12-09, 18:01)ebot2007 Wrote: So unpacked and copy the addons on hdd. he appeared skin but I do not see the menu. is simply blank

Sounds like you might not have script.skinshortcuts installed? I updated the first post of this thread with a FAQ section that also addresses this issue.
Thanks for making this mod. I always disable "Enable Global Fanart Background" so I get a plain blue background. However, the PVR part of Kodi stil has the fanart background. Is this a bug?
(2014-12-10, 06:54)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2014-12-09, 18:01)ebot2007 Wrote: So unpacked and copy the addons on hdd. he appeared skin but I do not see the menu. is simply blank

Sounds like you might not have script.skinshortcuts installed? I updated the first post of this thread with a FAQ section that also addresses this issue.

You updated the first post of this thread with a FAQ section that attempts to address this issue but fails to do so. The problem with linking to another person's post is that you can't control changes on it. Nowhere in the linked post does it mention a skinshortcuts script being a required add-on. Additionally, the link to the Watchlist script in that thread is completely broken, as is the github skinshortcuts link I found hunting through the forums. I hunted one down from SoundForge but who knows if it's working. All I really know for sure is that I'm currently sitting looking at a big blue bar on the left side of my TV and not much else.

I'd really love to try the skin, but at this point it seems like an impossible task. Between apparent requirements that aren't mentioned anywhere and broken links to things that are listed as being a requirement, it's just a headache.
(2014-12-17, 20:24)Mjolnir Wrote:
(2014-12-10, 06:54)bryanbrazil Wrote:

You updated the first post of this thread with a FAQ section that attempts to address this issue but fails to do so. The problem with linking to another person's post is that you can't control changes on it. Nowhere in the linked post does it mention a skinshortcuts script being a required add-on. Additionally, the link to the Watchlist script in that thread is completely broken, as is the github skinshortcuts link I found hunting through the forums. I hunted one down from SoundForge but who knows if it's working. All I really know for sure is that I'm currently sitting looking at an big blue bar on the left side of my TV and not much else.

I don't know what to tell you... this is a mod of reFocus, all of the requirements of the original skin apply. Just thought I'd share it in case others would like to use reFocus on Helix.

Skin.shortcuts was taken down from github but should still be in the official repo. Good luck!
(2014-12-17, 20:40)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2014-12-17, 20:24)Mjolnir Wrote:
(2014-12-10, 06:54)bryanbrazil Wrote: Sounds like you might not have script.skinshortcuts installed? I updated the first post of this thread with a FAQ section that also addresses this issue.

You updated the first post of this thread with a FAQ section that attempts to address this issue but fails to do so. The problem with linking to another person's post is that you can't control changes on it. Nowhere in the linked post does it mention a skinshortcuts script being a required add-on. Additionally, the link to the Watchlist script in that thread is completely broken, as is the github skinshortcuts link I found hunting through the forums. I hunted one down from SoundForge but who knows if it's working. All I really know for sure is that I'm currently sitting looking at an big blue bar on the left side of my TV and not much else.

I don't know what to tell you... this is a mod of reFocus, all of the requirements of the original skin apply. Just thought I'd share it in case others would like to use reFocus on Helix.

Skin.shortcuts was taken down from github but should still be in the official repo. Good luck!

I understand that, but skinshortcuts isn't listed in that thread at all, so it's no wonder people are having broken sidebars. Also watchlist has been removed from github. Any idea where to get that one? I tried locating it on my own, and ended up with a zip file that itself won't install because apparently IT has dependencies, but considering I can no longer find the original source on github I have no clue if it's the right script or what those dependencies might be.
(2014-12-17, 20:50)Mjolnir Wrote:
(2014-12-17, 20:40)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2014-12-17, 20:24)Mjolnir Wrote: You updated the first post of this thread with a FAQ section that attempts to address this issue but fails to do so. The problem with linking to another person's post is that you can't control changes on it. Nowhere in the linked post does it mention a skinshortcuts script being a required add-on. Additionally, the link to the Watchlist script in that thread is completely broken, as is the github skinshortcuts link I found hunting through the forums. I hunted one down from SoundForge but who knows if it's working. All I really know for sure is that I'm currently sitting looking at an big blue bar on the left side of my TV and not much else.

I understand that, but skinshortcuts isn't listed in that thread at all, so it's no wonder people are having broken sidebars. Also watchlist has also been removed from github. Any idea where to get that one? I tried locating it on my own, and ended up with a zip file that itself won't install because apparently IT has dependencies, bu considering I can no longer find the original source on github I have no clue if it's the right script or what those dependencies might be.
If Watchlist isn't available anymore, I can zip up my copy and post it as a temporary solution. Long term, however, hopefully someone will take over development.
(2014-12-17, 20:56)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2014-12-17, 20:50)Mjolnir Wrote:
(2014-12-17, 20:40)bryanbrazil Wrote: I don't know what to tell you... this is a mod of reFocus, all of the requirements of the original skin apply. Just thought I'd share it in case others would like to use reFocus on Helix.

I understand that, but skinshortcuts isn't listed in that thread at all, so it's no wonder people are having broken sidebars. Also watchlist has also been removed from github. Any idea where to get that one? I tried locating it on my own, and ended up with a zip file that itself won't install because apparently IT has dependencies, bu considering I can no longer find the original source on github I have no clue if it's the right script or what those dependencies might be.
If Watchlist isn't available anymore, I can zip up my copy and post it as a temporary solution. Long term, however, hopefully someone will take over development.

This is the version I found:

https://github.com/XBMC-Addons/script.watchlist

I don't know if that's the right version or even the same script at all. However the link in the thread you included in the FAQ does not point to this, it points here:

https://github.com/unfledged/script.watchlist/

Which is a broken link.

Also, just to clarify, these are the only things listed as required in the thread linked in the FAQ:

Watchlist
Library Data Provider
Fanart Grabber
Artwork Downloader
TV Next Aired
Artist Slideshow

Aside from watchlist, I have the newest versions of all those installed and enabled. However, you also say Skin Shortcuts is a requirement. Are there any other requirements not in this list?

Edit - Got it working. I had to install the watchlist zip file from the Frodo repository, found here:

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/frodo/script.watchlist/
(2014-12-17, 21:01)Mjolnir Wrote:
(2014-12-17, 20:56)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2014-12-17, 20:50)Mjolnir Wrote: I understand that, but skinshortcuts isn't listed in that thread at all, so it's no wonder people are having broken sidebars. Also watchlist has also been removed from github. Any idea where to get that one? I tried locating it on my own, and ended up with a zip file that itself won't install because apparently IT has dependencies, bu considering I can no longer find the original source on github I have no clue if it's the right script or what those dependencies might be.

This is the version I found:

https://github.com/XBMC-Addons/script.watchlist

I don't know if that's the right version or even the same script at all. However the link in the thread you included in the FAQ does not point to this, it points here:

https://github.com/unfledged/script.watchlist/

Which is a broken link.

Also, just to clarify, these are the only things listed as required in the thread linked in the FAQ:

Watchlist
Library Data Provider
Fanart Grabber
Artwork Downloader
TV Next Aired
Artist Slideshow

Aside from watchlist, I have the newest versions of all those installed and enabled. However, you also say Skin Shortcuts is a requirement. Are there any other requirements not in this list?

Edit - Got it working. I had to install the watchlist zip file from the Frodo repository, found here:

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/frodo/script.watchlist/
You're right, Jeroen's original post doesn't list all of the required addons. A complete list can be found in the skin's addon.xml.
For anyone having issues manually installing using the git, use this method:

1. Upon a fresh install of XBMC, go to settings>appearance>skin>get more and install mimic using the built-in add-on repository. This will install the skin and install all of the skin's required dependencies.
  2. When you're asked if you want to switch to that skin, choose yes
  3. (Optional) Exit back to the main menu to make sure the main nav is built
  4. Go back to settings>appearance>skin> and switch to another skin like Confluence
  5. Exit XBMC and navigate to the userdata folder
  6. Delete the skin.mimic folder
  7. Download the latest mimic skin from the git: https://github.com/bryanbrazil/skin.mimic
  8. Unzip the skin into the userdata folder
  9. Run XBMC and navigate to the settings>appearance>skin>
  10. Choose mimic as your skin

This will make sure the newest code is pulled from the git and will display correctly because all of the skin's dependencies will have been pulled in from the first install.
(2014-12-17, 23:43)HeadLearning Wrote: For anyone having issues manually installing using the git, use this method:

1. Upon a fresh install of XBMC, go to settings>appearance>skin>get more and install mimic using the built-in add-on repository. This will install the skin and install all of the skin's required dependencies.
  2. When you're asked if you want to switch to that skin, choose yes
  3. (Optional) Exit back to the main menu to make sure the main nav is built
  4. Go back to settings>appearance>skin> and switch to another skin like Confluence
  5. Exit XBMC and navigate to the userdata folder
  6. Delete the skin.mimic folder
  7. Download the latest mimic skin from the git: https://github.com/bryanbrazil/skin.mimic
  8. Unzip the skin into the userdata folder
  9. Run XBMC and navigate to the settings>appearance>skin>
  10. Choose mimic as your skin

This will make sure the newest code is pulled from the git and will display correctly because all of the skin's dependencies will have been pulled in from the first install.
Just for clarification, this thread is about my reFocus mod, not my Mimic skin. Wink

Though Mimic does require a couple of the same scripts, so installing it from the repo will ensure that script.skinshortcuts, etc get installed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] reFocus for Helix3