• 2(current)
[RELEASE] Rapier 7.9.0 for Kodi 14.x Helix [DEPRECATED]
Thanks Gade, appreciate it!
Hi!

Great skin, Gade! I only have one problem with it: in playback mode, the bar at the bottom does not show any information regarding title, year of release, etc. Other skins I have seen do show this information. When playing music, the little album art and blurb that appears after a while is...OK, but I'd rather see that information right away and I'd rather see it for movies and TV shows as well as music.
(2015-01-01, 07:15)LONGSTAFF Wrote: Hi!

Great skin, Gade! I only have one problem with it: in playback mode, the bar at the bottom does not show any information regarding title, year of release, etc. Other skins I have seen do show this information. When playing music, the little album art and blurb that appears after a while is...OK, but I'd rather see that information right away and I'd rather see it for movies and TV shows as well as music.

Hi LONGSTAFF.

Different skins use different approaches to OSD features. Some skins show all information when displaying player controls (pressing "M" or "Enter"), other skins use the exact same approach as Rapier.

In Rapier you can display all information pressing "I" (this is the info you are looking for), and this applies for both music and videos. When player controls are visible, it is not possible to press "I" for information. But if you first press "I" it is possible to display player controls afterwards.

Hope this helps Smile
Gade
Yes, I have seen that. The biggest problem I have with it is it takes up half the screen and obscures a large part of the video. It also shows information I don't necessarily want to see, like the description. It's not "bad", per se, but I'd prefer something where I can see the title without having to pull up a huge window that occupies a large portion of the screen.

Maybe if you showed the information at the top and the controls at the bottom, that would work. I know there's also a little black bar above the controls that gets populated with descriptions of the controls when you hover over them, but the entire right half is unused, so it could go there... There's a number of options.
Hi Gade, love the skin and am currently using it as my default as it really fits in with the aesthetics of Kodi.

In your recent update, which I very much like - you've improved the movie sets but the only way I seem to be able to get to them is via movies - top menu bar - library and choosing sets from there... could you possibly add a default shortcut on the home menu of movies?

Also, when in sets, I choose a set and change the default view to one I like but this view doesn't carry over to the other sets? Is there a way you can make it change the view I choose in one set, default to all my sets?

Thanks for a really nice skin and keep up the updates Big Grin
(2015-01-01, 18:42)LONGSTAFF Wrote: Yes, I have seen that. The biggest problem I have with it is it takes up half the screen and obscures a large part of the video. It also shows information I don't necessarily want to see, like the description. It's not "bad", per se, but I'd prefer something where I can see the title without having to pull up a huge window that occupies a large portion of the screen.

Maybe if you showed the information at the top and the controls at the bottom, that would work. I know there's also a little black bar above the controls that gets populated with descriptions of the controls when you hover over them, but the entire right half is unused, so it could go there... There's a number of options.

I actually already have redesigning the fullscreen info dialog on my to-do-list, although its currently not a top priotity.

But I agree with some of your observations, so we'll see how it turns out - and if I position it differently.
Hi blondeshanks.

Thanks a bunch for the nice words - that's really nice to hear Smile

(2015-01-01, 19:46)blondeshanks Wrote: In your recent update, which I very much like - you've improved the movie sets but the only way I seem to be able to get to them is via movies - top menu bar - library and choosing sets from there... could you possibly add a default shortcut on the home menu of movies?

You are correct that this is the only way without customizing anything in Rapier.

But the skin is highly customizable. So you can either go to the skin settings -> home -> category submenu -> and add movie sets from a preset as a submenu to any category. Or you can create movie sets as a custom category with your own submenus (or without), widgets etc. For this, I have just added category images (which will be included from the next update) here.

(2015-01-01, 19:46)blondeshanks Wrote: Also, when in sets, I choose a set and change the default view to one I like but this view doesn't carry over to the other sets? Is there a way you can make it change the view I choose in one set, default to all my sets?

When you are in the main movie sets window, the view you choose will be the one selected when you enter specific sets. If you wish to change view for the individual sets when they are entered, you will have to do it individually.
Hi Gade,

Thanks for the updated info, I will try it....

Just one last query... under Movies - wrap info view, is there a setting to turn off the 'carousel' as I like to see a clear break between the start and finish of my library (but still like to press left/right for the beginning and end of the library though).

Thanks
(2015-01-02, 13:44)blondeshanks Wrote: Just one last query... under Movies - wrap info view, is there a setting to turn off the 'carousel' as I like to see a clear break between the start and finish of my library (but still like to press left/right for the beginning and end of the library though).

Hi blondeshanks.

That should be pretty straight forward. Although I will not include it in the skin directly, as it will result in a lot of empty space either to the left or to the right of the list, when hitting the beginning or end of the library.

If you are adventurous, you can edit the xml's yourself to achieve this. You just have to remember that each time the skin is updated, the edits are overwritten. And I strongly encourage everyone to keep the skin up to date at all times.

Locate the skin.rapier folder and look in the folder "720p". In this folder look for the file "ViewsMovies.xml"

Edit line 3036 from
Code:
<control type="wraplist" id="53">
to
Code:
<control type="fixedlist" id="53">

That's it.
Again, thanks for the updated info.... I tend not to change xml's manually myself due to not wanting keep doing this at a later stage. Therefore, I will happily keep the view structure you have provided Big Grin
(2015-01-03, 11:27)blondeshanks Wrote: Again, thanks for the updated info.... I tend not to change xml's manually myself due to not wanting keep doing this at a later stage. Therefore, I will happily keep the view structure you have provided Big Grin

That sounds great Smile
Why isn't the Wall view available for TV shows? How can I fix that?
(2015-01-04, 16:48)GeeZuZz Wrote: Why isn't the Wall view available for TV shows? How can I fix that?

Hi GeeZuZz.

That's actually a really good question.

I'm going to add wall view to tv shows (using tv show posters), so it will be available from the next update Smile
Great Big Grin
Hey everybody,
I have just updated to Kodi a few days ago and tried a few different skins until I sticked with rapier. Love the customizability and the fact that it runs smoothly on my raspberry.

I've got a question regarding the TV Shows Next Aired addon. I have read of a "Next aired" widget that is supposed to be visible on the home screen/Info panel. What I would like to see is a little list like the "recently added" and "In Progress" widgets listing the episodes airing next week/the next 14 days. Is that possible?

I have enabled "show all TV shows for homescreen" in the "TV Shows Next Aired" settings. As far as I understood this should enable the home screen widget. I have made sure that there are entries in the TV guide for the next week. Still, I cannot see any widget/list on the home screen.

The addon itself seems to work correctly, the TV guide is working and when going to the list of tv shows I can see the airing date for the next episode of each show.

I would be very happy if you guys could point me in the right direction... Smile
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rapier 7.9.0 for Kodi 14.x Helix [DEPRECATED]2