• 3(current)
[RELEASE] Rapier 7.9.0 for Kodi 14.x Helix [DEPRECATED]
For GeeZuZz and anyone else interested, I have uploaded the latest version with Wall View for tv shows here. You need to manually install this update.

Everything from this update will be included in the next official release.
Okay, the "Next Aired" widget does in fact work, the problem is it only shows entries from shows airing today. Is it possible to get it to show the shows of the whole next week? Or just show the show that is going to be airing next, regardless of the airing date?

The problem is in my library there are just two or three shows max that are running right now and all those shows run on a weekly basis, so most of the time the next aired widget will show me exactly Nothing at all if it only shows what's airing today...

Is that just a setting I have overlooked or would it take more work?

Thanks.
Kupi
(2015-01-04, 22:21)kupi Wrote: Hey everybody,
I have just updated to Kodi a few days ago and tried a few different skins until I sticked with rapier. Love the customizability and the fact that it runs smoothly on my raspberry.

Hi kupi.

Thanks a bunch for the nice words. Great to hear positive feedback from a Raspberry Pi user, as I don't get a lot of feedback from that platform and don't own a device myself.

(2015-01-04, 22:21)kupi Wrote: I've got a question regarding the TV Shows Next Aired addon. I have read of a "Next aired" widget that is supposed to be visible on the home screen/Info panel. What I would like to see is a little list like the "recently added" and "In Progress" widgets listing the episodes airing next week/the next 14 days. Is that possible?

I have enabled "show all TV shows for homescreen" in the "TV Shows Next Aired" settings. As far as I understood this should enable the home screen widget. I have made sure that there are entries in the TV guide for the next week. Still, I cannot see any widget/list on the home screen.

The addon itself seems to work correctly, the TV guide is working and when going to the list of tv shows I can see the airing date for the next episode of each show.

I would be very happy if you guys could point me in the right direction... Smile

The next aired widget is only visible if you have any shows airing today.

Up until now Rapier didn't support the "Show All TV Shows for home screen" setting of script.tv.show.next.aired. The setting in the script only works if the selected skin supports it.

But that is actually a very good idea which I really could use myself.

Try this update for manual installation of Rapier, which includes the new feature. No skin settings required - only the script setting "Show All TV Shows for home screen".

If you have enabled the widget with today's shows in the skin settings, the Upcoming TV Shows widget will not include shows airing today and be on top. If music or video is playing and the Now Playing widget is enabled, the Upcoming TV Shows widget will not be visible.

If the widget with today's shows is disabled in the skin settings, the Upcoming TV Shows widget will also include tv shows airing today and be positioned in the bottom. This allows for the Now Playing widget to be visible together with the Upcoming TV Shows widget.

Clicking an item in the widget will take you to the selected tv show (seasons or episodes).
I see that the latest update included

- Added watched/unwatched overlays in movie information, tv show information, episode information, music video information dialogs.

Does this mean I can change the colors on what a watched episode looks like? If so, how? I dont see that option in any menu.
Wow, thanks for the quick response. I installed the update and it works, but changing the option in the addon settings does not have an influence on the widgets, I see both the upcoming tv shows and the tv shows today widget at the same time and at the same position, no matter if I turn "Show All TV Shows for home screen" on or off.
(2015-01-06, 00:09)kupi Wrote: Wow, thanks for the quick response. I installed the update and it works, but changing the option in the addon settings does not have an influence on the widgets, I see both the upcoming tv shows and the tv shows today widget at the same time and at the same position, no matter if I turn "Show All TV Shows for home screen" on or off.

You have to restart Kodi each time you change the add-on setting.

Are the TV Shows Today widget and the Upcoming Shows widget positioned the exact same place?
(2015-01-05, 23:28)westcoastbias Wrote: I see that the latest update included

- Added watched/unwatched overlays in movie information, tv show information, episode information, music video information dialogs.

Does this mean I can change the colors on what a watched episode looks like? If so, how? I dont see that option in any menu.

See my answer in your other thread. Smile
Hi Gade,

Yes, even after a reboot the two widgets still have the same position, the upcoming tv shows widget is still on top. Still, I like it better at that position as when it's at the lower position there is this empty space where the now playing widget appears. The coolest way in my opinion would be if the "upcoming tv shows" widget had the top position and would switch to the lower position when playback starts, i.e. the now playing widget appears.

To give you a little feedback regarding performance of your skin on a Raspberry Pi:
The performance is mostly comparable to the unmodified confluence-standard-skin. The home screen is working rather smoothly (as far as that's possible on a raspberry Smile ) Comparing to the Transparence! skin which I think has a comparably complex home screen, your skin wins as Transparence! is taking up so much resources that it is not at all usable on a Pi.

The only point where Confluence's performance is notably better is when going from the home screen to e.g. TV shows. That takes a little moment in Confluence but takes several secounds in your skin.

Another thing that I noticed in your skin and many other skins: I have a screen with a rather unusual 5:4 aspect ratio and it seems like most skins are built for an aspect ratio of 16:9. for many of the thumbnails, posters, cd art,... the aspect ratio is wrong. The images are stretched like their size is given relative to the screen size so on screens with a more "square like" aspect ratio they are stretched in the vertical direction. One good example is when looking at the home screen of TV shows: The poster in the "upcoming Tv shows" widget is stretched vertically while the thumbnails in the "recently played" and "recently added" widgets have the correct aspect ratio. The "recently added movies" widget which also shows posters instead of thumbnails also has the vertically stretched posters. The same goes for many of the list view options and the "now playing" widget.

Ive seen this in many different skins and often this was the main reason for me not to use them. The only skin that seems to consistently show images with the right aspect ratio is the confluence skin.

Thanks a lot for the good work!
kupi
(2015-01-06, 14:42)kupi Wrote: Yes, even after a reboot the two widgets still have the same position, the upcoming tv shows widget is still on top. Still, I like it better at that position as when it's at the lower position there is this empty space where the now playing widget appears. The coolest way in my opinion would be if the "upcoming tv shows" widget had the top position and would switch to the lower position when playback starts, i.e. the now playing widget appears.

Hi kupi.

No reboot is required. The restart of Kodi is only needed if you change the script setting "Show All TV Shows for home screen" to hide/show the Upcoming TV Shows wídget.

If the 2 widgets are positioned the same way as the above images I posted, everything is set up correctly.

I think I will stick to this positioning.

(2015-01-06, 14:42)kupi Wrote: To give you a little feedback regarding performance of your skin on a Raspberry Pi:
The performance is mostly comparable to the unmodified confluence-standard-skin. The home screen is working rather smoothly (as far as that's possible on a raspberry Smile ) Comparing to the Transparence! skin which I think has a comparably complex home screen, your skin wins as Transparence! is taking up so much resources that it is not at all usable on a Pi.

The only point where Confluence's performance is notably better is when going from the home screen to e.g. TV shows. That takes a little moment in Confluence but takes several secounds in your skin.

Thanks so much for the Raspberry Pi feedback - I really appreciate it.

Great to hear that the skin performs well. Confluence is a really light skin and should be fast, but Rapier is not at all a light skin Smile

I'm aware that it takes a while longer to enter the library, but I don't think there's much I can do about it.

(2015-01-06, 14:42)kupi Wrote: Another thing that I noticed in your skin and many other skins: I have a screen with a rather unusual 5:4 aspect ratio and it seems like most skins are built for an aspect ratio of 16:9. for many of the thumbnails, posters, cd art,... the aspect ratio is wrong. The images are stretched like their size is given relative to the screen size so on screens with a more "square like" aspect ratio they are stretched in the vertical direction. One good example is when looking at the home screen of TV shows: The poster in the "upcoming Tv shows" widget is stretched vertically while the thumbnails in the "recently played" and "recently added" widgets have the correct aspect ratio. The "recently added movies" widget which also shows posters instead of thumbnails also has the vertically stretched posters. The same goes for many of the list view options and the "now playing" widget.

Ive seen this in many different skins and often this was the main reason for me not to use them. The only skin that seems to consistently show images with the right aspect ratio is the confluence skin.

It's very true that most skins are deigned for 16:9.

I use the skin on 2 iPad's, which are 4:3, so I'm fully aware of the image stretching issues. I change the image properties in the skin from stretching to scaling little after little. It's a lot of code to change and run through and not a top priority, but it will be changed in the future.
Quote:No reboot is required. The restart of Kodi is only needed if you change the script setting "Show All TV Shows for home screen" to hide/show the Upcoming TV Shows wídget.

If the 2 widgets are positioned the same way as the above images I posted, everything is set up correctly.

I think I will stick to this positioning.
Sorry, I had mixed something up when I misread your previous post.

When I have "show all TV shows for home screen" enabled, I see the two widgets like in the first image you posted. When I have the option disabled, i see no widget at all. Maybe the upcoming shows widget is still only visible when you have a show airing today?

Edit: now that I have run a manual update for this skin, do I still recieve automated updates for it?
First off, superb work!

Probably the most functional, beautiful and elegant skin out there Smile

Can I ask, why is the 'TV Show Today' widget on the left of home screen not displaying any logos? Right now, it says '1 TV Show Today' and there's nothing in it. The logos appear fine on Kodi on my desktop. Not on my Raspberry Pi though. Everything else works perfectly.

And one more thing. Is there a way to a identify an episode as 'watched' in the Wide list view?

Many thanks!
(2015-01-06, 21:10)kupi Wrote: Sorry, I had mixed something up when I misread your previous post.

When I have "show all TV shows for home screen" enabled, I see the two widgets like in the first image you posted. When I have the option disabled, i see no widget at all. Maybe the upcoming shows widget is still only visible when you have a show airing today?

Disabling the script option should still display the TV Shows Today widget - IF you have any shows airing today and have the widget enabled in the skin settings.

The Upcoming Shows widget us not at all dependant on tv shows airing today
(2015-01-06, 21:10)kupi Wrote: Edit: now that I have run a manual update for this skin, do I still recieve automated updates for it?

Absolutely Smile
blooray: maybe it just takes a while to download the logo? On my raspberry pi I saw the logos.

Gade: in the secound picture you posted, the widget is called "upcomig TV shows" when the script option is turned off. This widget is not visble for me.
Kupi: Interesting. I've tried the same skin on my desktop and they are all there. Interestingly enough, the TV show - next Aired function when accessed through Programs on the Raspberry pi also lacks logos. May be that's what's wrong? How do I go about fixing that?
I can see the logos both in the widget and in the "TV guide" of the addon. I think the logos are downloaded by the artwork downloader addon, maybe you can check those settings...when you launch the addon rom the programs->addons menu or whatever it will start a full run and should then download everything at once instead of step by step downloading in the background.

In wide view you can differ between watched/unwatched episodes by the color of the little SD/HD logo. blue means watched, white means unwatched. (the same goes for all other viewvoptions Wink )
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rapier 7.9.0 for Kodi 14.x Helix [DEPRECATED]2