what should my ip be set to
ok so i got my backend setup with xbmc that is on the same machine but i cant get my remote setups to connect to the backend. i think the problem is with the ip. if i run ifconfig on the backend machine i get a 10.**.**.** by buddy set up our home routers, i'm not good with that stuff. any ways when the backend has the default setting, i can connect on that machine but no other machine. any ideas?

also it took me a bit to figure out how to get the servers xbmc to connect to the backend, till i found the password that the myth frontend had in the settings, is the password the same for all machines?
To have mythtv work over the network mythbackend needs to be listening on the machine's ethernet IP address (10.x.x.x, not sure why you are hiding the x's), not the localhost 127.0.0.1 address.

Check this in mythtv-setup on the backend, item 1 in the menu I think. (A while since I did it and don't have one in front of me).

Yes the password is the same for every client.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
what should my ip be set to0