• 379(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
(2016-09-28, 18:58)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2016-09-27, 19:17)pinn Wrote: Tried your first suggestion but I am unable to remove the file as it says its in use by 'system', even though I see nothing related to Kodi running still. I redownloaded the zip from the OP and reinstalled after removing the last version but I run into the same error.

I am not right in thinking that the Windows store and normal version share the same userdata folder and therefore the skin should just carry across?
If something is locked you can usually restart Windows to remove any file handles.

I am not a user of the Windows store version but IIRC the userdata (wiki) is used for both versions.

Apologies, pinn, that I missed your reply. But thanks, Mike, for giving exactly the advice I would have given which is to restart Window. If that doesn't work then you have more serious issues and I'd recommend posting in the General Support > Windows forum. And to confirm, the userdata folder is exactly the same for both Windows versions, but that doesn't matter if anything within the userdata folder is corrupt Smile

(Also, just FYI, I've just pushed an update to Skin Shortcuts so that when there's an issue loading a file, the script will log which file it's attempting to open - that should mean it's easier to identify if it's existing custom menu's or the skins default menu's which are causing the issue).
(2016-09-25, 18:12)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Yeah, I changed it. Mind posting a pic of it looking awkward?

Sometimes I change things just to try something new. I have no particular preference to how the Vertical submenu is displayed but the reason for changing it was to give more room for additional items cause it was asked for back in the day. I think...

Could make it an option like how the Main Menu can be fixed or not... Huh

Personally, I have a lean submenu, placing only up to 4 or 5 items. With this new feature (and my habits), I sort of feel that a lot of space is somehow wasted, as it lay empty. Instead of having everything centered as soon as I reach the menu, I have to go up to my very small list. That's what I meant by "awkward".

If I'm honest, it's not that big of a deal, and I realise the advantage for folks that have a bunch of menu items, but an on/off option would be great!

Cheers!
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
(2016-09-28, 23:58)Alanon Wrote: Personally, I have a lean submenu, placing only up to 4 or 5 items. With this new feature (and my habits), I sort of feel that a lot of space is somehow wasted, as it lay empty. Instead of having everything centered as soon as I reach the menu, I have to go up to my very small list. That's what I meant by "awkward".

If I'm honest, it's not that big of a deal, and I realise the advantage for folks that have a bunch of menu items, but an on/off option would be great!

Cheers!
Try latest from Git. I will automatically slide the submenu down if the amount of items is less than 10 so no option should be needed.

Let me know if that works for you.

Feedback always welcome Wink
(2016-09-27, 21:57)gate1975mlm Wrote:
(2016-09-08, 20:45)popy Wrote:
(2016-09-08, 20:42)mikeSiLVO Wrote: When I was testing the update I had the same thing happen and in the debug log it said it could not delete the Textures.xbt file so it aborted the install. I think it is a Kodi bug where the skin doesn't release the Textures file when updating so it stops the delete process and aborts the new skin install. I say I think because there could be an issue with the Textures.xbt file but I don't know what that might be.
Thx for clearing things up!
It's no major issue, and can be fixed easily.

pOpY

Gesendet von meinem LG-H815 mit Tapatalk

I am having the same issue with Metropolis skin.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=291618

The issue popped up again for me on the latest auto update on two windows 10 x64 machines.
After a restart of kodi and redownload/install the skin in the gui, all went well.

@mikeSiLVO: because @gate1975mlm has this issue with another skin also, this looks like an kodi issue? right?
Should we open another thread/bug ticket?
@mikeSiLVO,
thank you for the kind word over in the other thread.
I thought it more appropriate to reply here, hope you agree.
Yes I remember – I can explain more if you wish.

my mod of your fantastic skin is very mod-est at this point. See what I did there! Smile

I had a much more extensive redesign but keeping up with your rapid fire changes and applying mine on top was taking far to much time. I could not keep up. There is still so much I do not yet understand about the basic coding process. I recently started using sublime text and I have to revert to text wrangler on my mac frequently. Also as I understand it Git would help me in the modding process but I have not had time to learn anything about it yet.

In general my mod focuses on readability (font size, placement and color), making the best use of screen space to draw focus to specific elements and giving an emphasis to fanart and posters. Also creating a more consistent overall design framework for all screens and views. Perhaps some of it is old school design nit picking on my part. It also attempts to blend much of what makes the aeon nox design with popular or modern design ideas found in some other skins.

I have not posted anything because I could not at this point maintain it for anyone else should there be interest.

It appears that I may have more time an resources to direct to learning how to use sublime and git soon. Maybe I can contribute more some point soon.

Thank you again
(2016-09-29, 08:26)popy Wrote:
(2016-09-27, 21:57)gate1975mlm Wrote:
(2016-09-08, 20:45)popy Wrote: Thx for clearing things up!
It's no major issue, and can be fixed easily.

pOpY

I am having the same issue with Metropolis skin.

The issue popped up again for me on the latest auto update on two windows 10 x64 machines.
After a restart of kodi and redownload/install the skin in the gui, all went well.

@mikeSiLVO: because @gate1975mlm has this issue with another skin also, this looks like an kodi issue? right?
Should we open another thread/bug ticket?

Already has here

@mike:
I am working on modding the FullscreenInfo for PVR-Recordings and have a question about DialogFullScreenInfo:
Is there a reason, why the fullscreeninfo, e.g. Plot and the Images are spread over 2 files? (DialogFullscreenIno and DialogSeekBar)
It is very hard to know where to add new labels or images.
Why has DialogSeekBar not just the code for the SeekBar (with all the playerinfo) and all other code for FullScreenInfo goes into DialogFullScreenInfo -> BG, all Images and labels

Thx for explanation
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
There is a reason for everything... Usually Wink

Not sure how best to explain...

Some xmls have visibles that you want to use for other elements. I don't want info on the seekbar but I do want the artwork so why add it to fullscreeninfo?

Not sure what else you are referring to but FF/RW and pause elements are tied to when the seekbar displays so that is where the code is.

Then there is always the... Because that's just how I want it answer Cool

Everything is hard to know where to put it when you first start skinning. I always suggest trial and error until something clicks and you can skin what you want, how you want.

When I first started I had difficulty doing what I now consider easy things and often my frustration gave me the urge to chuck my keyboard at the screen. My advice is to NOT chuck your keyboard cause you'll likely break said keyboard and whatever it hits on the way Tongue
(2016-09-29, 16:24)mxlance Wrote: @mikeSiLVO,
thank you for the kind word over in the other thread.
I thought it more appropriate to reply here, hope you agree.
Yes I remember – I can explain more if you wish.

my mod of your fantastic skin is very mod-est at this point. See what I did there! Smile

I had a much more extensive redesign but keeping up with your rapid fire changes and applying mine on top was taking far to much time. I could not keep up. There is still so much I do not yet understand about the basic coding process. I recently started using sublime text and I have to revert to text wrangler on my mac frequently. Also as I understand it Git would help me in the modding process but I have not had time to learn anything about it yet.

In general my mod focuses on readability (font size, placement and color), making the best use of screen space to draw focus to specific elements and giving an emphasis to fanart and posters. Also creating a more consistent overall design framework for all screens and views. Perhaps some of it is old school design nit picking on my part. It also attempts to blend much of what makes the aeon nox design with popular or modern design ideas found in some other skins.

I have not posted anything because I could not at this point maintain it for anyone else should there be interest.

It appears that I may have more time an resources to direct to learning how to use sublime and git soon. Maybe I can contribute more some point soon.

Thank you again

Smile
Hey Mike!
After installing the latest Jarvis build from github as you said the widget works perfect now and shows the unseen episodes instead of seasons now ;-)

Gesendet von meinem LG-D855 mit Tapatalk
Does this skin support animated posters? What addons should i have to auto-download and display animated posters in krypton bulds?
Hi Mike,

thanks for your work - I really love this UI / skin! Smile

Today I updated to the latest Kodi Krypton beta and the newest 6.0.1 version of Aeon Nox Silvo on two different machines (Mac running recent Kodi Krypton beta and a PI2 running the current libreelec (alpha), also with Kodi Beta) and both seem to have the same bug in the main menu:
To explain it, lets suggest you would have three main menu items. When scrolling to the end of the menu (entry 3) the bug appears between item 3 and 4 (which is 1 again). In other words: If you scroll to the right in between the last and the first item, the menu seems to jump over to the left, though than showing the correct entry and vice versa in terms of direction.

Tested with the newest versions of your skin, so the one to be downloaded here in the first post as well as the one in the current version of your repo.

Nothing serious as functionality is still working, just looks glitchy. Thought you might be interested in that matter.

Keep up the good work!

Best,
hi2hello
(2016-09-30, 14:37)sergiocos Wrote: Does this skin support animated posters? What addons should i have to auto-download and display animated posters in krypton bulds?
All skins support gifs cause it is built-in to Kodi. What the skin does not support is auto downloading of them. They have to manually be added using the choose art function. I do not like things that auto download stuff cause then the posters can look like crap and having too many animated posters will degrade performance. Best to find the good ones and add them manually IMO.
(2016-10-01, 02:13)hi2hello Wrote: Hi Mike,

thanks for your work - I really love this UI / skin! Smile

Today I updated to the latest Kodi Krypton beta and the newest 6.0.1 version of Aeon Nox Silvo on two different machines (Mac running recent Kodi Krypton beta and a PI2 running the current libreelec (alpha), also with Kodi Beta) and both seem to have the same bug in the main menu:
To explain it, lets suggest you would have three main menu items. When scrolling to the end of the menu (entry 3) the bug appears between item 3 and 4 (which is 1 again). In other words: If you scroll to the right in between the last and the first item, the menu seems to jump over to the left, though than showing the correct entry and vice versa in terms of direction.

Tested with the newest versions of your skin, so the one to be downloaded here in the first post as well as the one in the current version of your repo.

Nothing serious as functionality is still working, just looks glitchy. Thought you might be interested in that matter.

Keep up the good work!

Best,
hi2hello
This should have been fixed with 6.0.1

I have no idea what the issue is unless you have multiple skin installs or not version 6.0.1 installed

I received confirmation from others that it was fixed... Huh Confused

Edit: Please try to re-select your menu layout. If you want 5, 3, 1, icons, or vertical. If one doesn't work try the next and let me know if all exhibit the same issue or if it is limited to only one of the menu layout options.
Hey guys,

I have running this great skin on my kodi beta2 on windows x64.
My setup includes 2 profiles and on every profile silvo skin is set. Also the background option is set to move the background slightly.

There is an issue after changing users (logoff one and login the other) that the background is not moving but it's jumping!!

Please take a look at this video: https://youtu.be/B_KNarIJBgU

Is this a known issue?

Thx pOpY

(2016-10-01, 03:08)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Edit: Please try to re-select your menu layout. If you want 5, 3, 1, icons, or vertical. If one doesn't work try the next and let me know if all exhibit the same issue or if it is limited to only one of the menu layout options.

That fixed it. Switching the menu layout from 3 to 5 and back again to 3 and the glitch is gone!
Thanks for your help Smile
  • 379(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55