Asus Chromebox OpenElec USB Flash Drive
Can anyone recommend a USB flash drive that'll work with OpenElec? what brand and capacity is best to use? Micro USB ideally as they're small and compact.
there shouldn't be any outstanding issues with the ChromeBox's ability to see/boot from any USB devices, so any USB/SD should do
(2014-12-01, 01:28)Matt Devo Wrote: there shouldn't be any outstanding issues with the ChromeBox's ability to see/boot from any USB devices, so any USB/SD should do

So USB 3.0 of any capacity should be OK, and any SDXC card even the 128gb one be OK? should OpenElec be installed in the internal flash drive or external?
nbat58 Wrote: So USB 3.0 of any capacity should be OK, and any SDXC card even the 128gb one be OK? should OpenElec be installed in the internal flash drive or external?

I don't see why not, but obviously I've not tested every possible device. No reason not to install on the internal drive unless you want to install something else there
(2014-12-01, 02:23)Matt Devo Wrote:
nbat58 Wrote: So USB 3.0 of any capacity should be OK, and any SDXC card even the 128gb one be OK? should OpenElec be installed in the internal flash drive or external?

I don't see why not, but obviously I've not tested every possible device. No reason not to install on the internal drive unless you want to install something else there

Cheers Matt.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Asus Chromebox OpenElec USB Flash Drive0